Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Eddie Marine Headers

ULTRA26 # 1
    the air was cool. i can do 65 any time. maybe i got a good one
    I've had a few good top speed numbers too, but my HO has CMI's and they help quite a bit.
    Hope to see you on the water
    John M

Not So Fast
    70 mph is the best i ever did. stock 496ho w/ 24p. 4 passagers
    With the current ????? :idea: NSF

Wmc
    With the current ????? :idea: NSF
    67mph this pass weekend at parker

atomickitn
    let me help shed some light on this , and this is my 02...... first no 2 motors are the same ,i have installed in the hood of 100+ 496's& ho's, and have yet to have the exact same result most very close, second...we just put a set of eddies on a 27' with muffs and a 24p bravo 1 , still running 4500rpm, however that 4500 is with 9 people and 65+ gals of fuel and the temp was around 100+, my customer asked me if that was right , yep i said , he said should i have had better rpm after all that work , i said that you ran 4200rpm with all the same conditions as you have now soo you picked up 300rpm, and on your speedo you said you picked up 2+mph....ok so...what do you think? he said humm ...you are the tech i guess that is ok and maybe i should see what it does with out all this weight and on a cooler day.... i said there you go..... so either way you go with after market exhaust is going to be better than stock, how much of a gain you get will depend on several things, size of boat type of bottem weather ,water conditions ect ect ect.... ok so my 02 is this go with waht will be best for you and your wallet, either way you wont be disappointed.....and most exhaust kits will take you just a few hours , some more than others... good luck

Newcastle
    reDECK...I have the same engine, smaller cat by 3', so #'s won't be exactly the same. I was having the same issues, could barely hit 60 with only 2 on board, took 20 seconds to plane, and was only at 4600 or so RPM. Finally a buddy pointed out one of the spark plug wires looked like it was attached properly but actually wasn't. Next time on the water, hit almost 5200 RPM, got outta the whole twice as fast, and hit 68.8 on gps with 3 passengers, 2 coolers, 40 gallons of gas, 100 degree temp headed from the Sandbar to the channel. Cole Trickle has the right idea...I'd venture to say it doesn't need a tune up as much as just find out what's the dealio, maybe bad spark plug or something that doesn't let all 8 run

reDECKulous
    Sounds good man. They are going to take a look it tomorrow. Hopefully that is all it is.
    Eric

Dana Marine Products
    Atomick, I thought those were Dana Manifolds you just put on that 27??

undertaker
    No issues at all. The install was a pain in the a**. Spinning a Merc labbed 28at 5050. Huge mid-range gains and 4 mph on the top. The main resson I recommend Dana's is the performance is said to be close, not nearly as pricey, and Dana's install with much less work.
    Have you had any luck with the 27?
    John M
    Thanks....was just curious..
    I could not turn the 27, 26 seems to be the right prop, but I am having some sensor issues right now boat is in the shop being hooked up to a scanner we will see what they find, hope to have boat back by the weekend.. Once sensor issue is resolved I will try the 27 again just to be sure..

undertaker
    No issues at all. The install was a pain in the a**. Spinning a Merc labbed 28at 5050. Huge mid-range gains and 4 mph on the top. The main resson I recommend Dana's is the performance is said to be close, not nearly as pricey, and Dana's install with much less work.
    John M
    I could not turn the 27, 26 seems to be the right prop, but I am having some sensor issues right now boat is in the shop being hooked up to a scanner we will see what they find, hope to have boat back by the weekend.. Once sensor issue is resolved I will try the 27 again just to be sure..

undertaker
    John M

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast