Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first ride in a Skater

Racey
    I got my first ride in a skater Saturday morning this weekend, I camped out with the Herbst gang on Mead, Eddie took me and the guys i was with for a ride in the 46, ran it up to about 125, it was full of fuel, and then backed it down to about 70 and jumped out of the driver's seat and said "You drive it back" Uhhh Hell Yeah!!! What a trip, man those things are so much different from small V-bottoms. I ran it right up to 125-126 and it was totally effortless, seemed like you were doing 50. We got back to camp and as we were pulling in the cove somehow we got the Idea to take Carl for a ski ride behind it, that's a trip to see, it was glass water and he was skiing outside the wake about 70 on his play ski, when he would cut behind the rooster tails he would totally disappear Totally made my weekend at this point!
    Then he ended up going home Sunday night and left me and Carl with the boat to handle the rest of the weekend, I ran the throttles and Carl drove, I was grinnin ear to ear all day long! a couple of 20 something year old bachelors left to boat with that thing Memorial weekend, what a trip! We ran it easy since it had 89 in it, all you could get at the fuel dock, Flipped to the low octane map on the efi, and it had the low boost pulleys on, but the thing runs 75-80mph all day long not even making boost, A total blast, i never would have expected a weekend like this in a million years!
    The only proof this ever happened! Other than HowardFlat's coerced story
    Praise the good old camera phone
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1180589814

Pussywhippled
    Nice...

hoolign
    Much like my weekend!
    I pulled over to help a guy fix a flat on a 12' aluminum with a 5 Hp sears! He gave me a beer
    Sounds like you did a "bit" better

scarabrick2
    RACEY
    I went for a ride on a spectre powerboats 36 foot this weekend at mead. Upper basin. went 121 but it had more. Boat was one the rev limiters. Has bigger props coming. Where did you guys camp? Saw the terribles v drive twin turbo at echo on the trailer sunday afternoon.

GoCiggie31
    is that their (Herbst Corp) fairly-new red skater with the trick paint job featured in the rags a few months ago?
    any pics? Congrats

Racey
    Yeah it's all red with trick graphics, some gold pin striping and the pump man logo

Jordy
    This is from SEMA in '05:
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1180450139
    It's amazing how big that boat is. Sounds like you had a blast!!!
    Did you get to drive with your knee while holding the beer bong though, that's the ultimate Skater trick.

the_gray_goose
    Here is a pic of it in the water in newport after we took it over to catalina for lunch last summer.
    Ed did the same thing to me after we left the island. It is a real eticket ride for sure.
    Ed is by far one of the nicest guys. And he is a real boater.
    Just loves to be on the water.
    I was with his brother Tim in parker this weekend and had blast with them.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...IMG1142_sm.jpg

Racey
    This is from SEMA in '05:
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1180450139
    It's amazing how big that boat is. Sounds like you had a blast!!!
    Did you get to drive with your knee while holding the beer bong though, that's the ultimate Skater trick.
    Hold the wheel with your knee, fuggitaboutit you dont need to hold it at all!
    That's the boat! i didnt have a camera this weekend, i did get a picture on my cell phone but lost my bluetooth deal to send the pictures to the computer with.
    scarabrick2, was the Spectre all white with a blue dana tunnel plate, whipple charged motors, and IMCO drives? I made the transom plates for the drives on that thing for Pat at All Seasons, they raised the engines and gimbles 3" this winter trying to get the thing running right, sounds like they are getting there with it. 130+ is haulin ass! i didnt quite make it that fast out there!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast