Thread: New Bow Rail

e-ticket
    Am looking for a shop to do a custom bow rail for a 75 Howard 21' cruiser. I want one that will be lower profile than original and blue anodized. Anyone know of a shop that can do it?

Costello
    Just my opinion E-Ticket, but 21' cruisers look soooo much better with NO bowrail at all.

SPECTRABRENT
    E-Ticket,
    I have a bow rail from a Spectra 24, all you would need to do is cut it down & powdercoat.
    $100.00
    Brent
    Brentloan@aol.com

Dans66Stevens
    Id love to find a Bow rail from a 22ft Schiada. Mine was removed but the holes are still there...

Backfire
    KSH in Lake Havasu makes the welded and smoothed stainless stuff for the Advantage Party Cats. You might also consider doing your own in aluminum tubing and hiring a competent welder to stick the pieces together.

Backfire
    Throwing the reversed plexiglass windshield and bowrailing in the dumpster changed the look of my brother's 72 Hallett completely- and for the better! My Lebel 21' never had a bowrail and I hafta admit that it can be a challenge putting these boats on the trailer sometimes, but the improvement to the looks are worth it!

Thunderbutt
    I disagree. If the rail is put on like my Spectra, at an angle it looks good. It use to be legal to set on the bow if you had a rail that was at least 6 in. and not more then 18 in. off of the bow. When the flatbottoms would want to race I'd say sure, put two people on your bow and lets go. Originally posted by Costello:
    Just my opinion E-Ticket, but 21' cruisers look soooo much better with NO bowrail at all.

Costello
    Backfire, we're on the same page!!

e-ticket
    I'm not putting one of those on my boat. My neighbors boat --- yes!