Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Not Global Warming Huh???????????

Not So Fast
    Anybody pay attention to the weather pattern and forecasts, somethings up for sure!!! Denver recieved 4" of grape sized hail yesterday and the forecast for Havasu this weekend is a record breaking 116 degrees and the forecast is for a whole summer of record breaking temps. NSF

Warlockjer
    Hey Bobby, your starting to sound like Al Gore
    PS Found your receipt.......

CARLSON-JET
    Record breaking? Mans records aren't even a grain of sand in the hourglass of time compared to the earths records. There was a time when Havasu was molten rock. The strange thing is.. millions of years later... it was not. Before that, there was no earth. The earth has cycles. Always has and always will. When man has been gone for millions of years these same cycles will repeat themselves. I'm glad the dinos didn't enjoy internal combustion engines.. we would have been DOOOOMED

Kachina26
    Global warming.......perhaps, man made........not likely. I know you're old enough to remember the global cooling of the 70's:idea:

Troy McClure
    The Earth has been warming for a while, no doubt. Global warming sounds ominous. However, the earth has also gone through a few "ice ages" and warming cycles.
    From Wiki (I know, some dispute how reliable it may be, but it's convenient)
    The present ice age began 40 million years ago with the growth of an ice sheet in Antarctica. It intensified during the late Pliocene, around 3 million years ago, with the spread of ice sheets in the Northern Hemisphere, and has continued in the Pleistocene. Since then, the world has seen cycles of glaciation with ice sheets advancing and retreating on 40,000- and 100,000-year time scales. The most recent glacial period ended about ten thousand years ago.
    I added the bold. For anyone to suggest that us pesky humans have anything but a minuscule effect on the environment is pretty, umm, ridiculous.
    Also, a nice, new nature inspired volcanic eruption would pretty much double any effect us humans have made on the atmosphere.

Havasu1986
    Weather.com says it will only be 110.

Boatcop
    Makes me want to go plant a tree.
    FOR ME TO POOP ON!
    http://www.freewebs.com/danskviking/dog.gif

locogringo
    Makes me want to go plant a tree.
    FOR ME TO POOP ON!
    http://www.freewebs.com/danskviking/dog.gif
    I'll help out with the "plant a tree" poopapaloosa. Let me know when you were planning on it and I'll get a whole crowd there! LOL

OSidePat
    Hey Al Gore Jr ...turn in your Charger tickets....global F***ing Warming my Ass

pw_Tony
    If we had some decent records over the last 10,000 years I might believe it's somewhat global warming... just look at the ice man! How far do those go back like 2000 years?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast