Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Driving a cat vs. V

spectras only
    Not necessarily. The nice thing about that lake is that it doesn't turn into a "washing machine" with waves coming from all different directions.
    You pretty much summed it up what's happening around here where I boat most of the time .
    When Reggie and Dave Knight were here last fall , they noted how nasty the water was on their demo day in the 38 staggered Fountain . Some days I just would want to be in my friend's 47 footer , instead of my boat

HPBoats83
    Thanks for the advice everybody

sigepmock
    Thanks for the advice everybody
    We made the jump from a vee to a cat last year and haven't regretted it yet. We boat at Havasu mostly and would get beat up in our vee....the cat runs over the top of it. It took some getting used to driving the cat, the best thing I did was let experienced cat owners drive my boat and explain what, how, and why they were doing the thngs they were doing. I can safely say that in less than a year of owning the boat I feel very comfortable in our boat BUT I still respect it and pay attention just in case.
    As far as ride quality...our second weekend out with the new boat we were running 70 across a blown out whitecapped day on Havasu and our 1 and 1/2 year old daughter was sound asleep in the mid cabin. If we still had our vee would probably wouldn't have even gone on the water that day.
    Just my $.02,
    Chris

Chickenlips
    We made the jump from a vee to a cat last year and haven't regretted it yet. We boat at Havasu mostly and would get beat up in our vee....the cat runs over the top of it. It took some getting used to driving the cat, the best thing I did was let experienced cat owners drive my boat and explain what, how, and why they were doing the thngs they were doing. I can safely say that in less than a year of owning the boat I feel very comfortable in our boat BUT I still respect it and pay attention just in case.
    As far as ride quality...our second weekend out with the new boat we were running 70 across a blown out whitecapped day on Havasu and our 1 and 1/2 year old daughter was sound asleep in the mid cabin. If we still had our vee would probably wouldn't have even gone on the water that day.
    Just my $.02,
    Chris
    Don't do that with your kids in the boat. I know it's none of my bussiness, but be carfull.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123