Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quick Pin Cleats??

OutCole'd
    Who uses them? What do you think? What size? 1/2" or 3/8"?
    http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2...cleatsquickpin
    Thanks

TOBTEK
    They are cool if you have both the pins and std cletes. I had a few pins fail on the 26 in the yr I owned it. Great for your bumpers.

OutCole'd
    They are cool if you have both the pins and std cletes. I had a few pins fail on the 26 in the yr I owned it. Great for your bumpers.
    Ya, that's I really want them for is bumpers. There are no good places to tie bumpers off in my boat and I'm tired of dealing with it.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Ya, that's I really want them for is bumpers. There are no good places to tie bumpers off in my boat and I'm tired of dealing with it.
    We've got both the pull up and the pin cleat and do the same as Toby did, use the pins for the bumpers and the pull up cleats for the dock lines.....

Krumbsnatcher
    I use em to hold the bumpers on the sides then i can tie up without worrying about the cleat and bumper together.

OutCole'd
    We've got both the pull up and the pin cleat and do the same as Toby did, use the pins for the bumpers and the pull up cleats for the dock lines.....
    I use em to hold the bumpers on the sides then i can tie up without worrying about the cleat and bumper together.
    Very cool, What size does everyone use? I would think the 3/8" would be fine.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Very cool, What size does everyone use? I would think the 3/8" would be fine.
    Honestly, I don't know...If I had to guess I would guess it is the 3/8"

Racey
    If you are gonna use them just for bumpers get the 3/8" ones, i used some this weekend on a skater for bumpers and for tieing off, they were all 1/2" and worked bitchin.

Froggystyle
    When I first saw them I thought they were the balls. I couldn't wait to put them on my boats... yada yada yada.
    Then I used them. Unless they are mounted vertically, they absolutely cannot be trusted for anything but fenders. There is nowhere to actually tie a line to except the little ring, and they pull out like it is their job if they have any type of a pull upwards.
    Good for fenders... that is it. I would never put an anchor, dock line, spring line, etc... on one.
    They are NOT the answer to proper cleats unfortunately.
    Best thing I have seen, and we are doing now is the "St. George" style of dock lines/fender lines. You run the proper amount of cleats, and each dock line has a 15' line with a 3' lead on them for fenders. You run fenders with a through-hole and tie them at whatever height you want. Then, every time you grab a fender, you grab a dock line, and they only take up one line's worth of space on the cleat.
    They sell them through Top Knot... we include them on the boats.

BADBLOWN572
    I don't like tying off with them. With rough waters, they can cause stress cracks. I really like them for bumpers though. They make life so much easier. Just pre-set the height of the bumper and attach. If you are using them for bumpers 3/8" is sufficient. If you are tying off, I would go with 1/2"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast