Thread: Michael Vick: Dog Fighter????

Old Texan
    Sources have told ESPN there is enough evidence to indict Vick for involvement in dogfighting.
    If proven guilty, and from all reports in the last few weeeks it looks fairly probable, should Vick be banned for life from the NFL?
    I say yes and he should spend a lot of time behind bars. Such a despicable "sport". An article yesterday said some of these fights go on for hours.
    I've rooted hard for Michael on the field but this is far to over the top. He should be ashamed. Even if found to be innocent he still owned the property and should have some responsibility.
    http://www.abcnews.go.com/Sports/sto...3231174&page=1

Ziggy
    I read an article that said its been going on since 2001, and many dog bodies have been recovered(buried) from around the property.
    Sure glad the Chargers opted not to pick him. His brother is a piece of work too

ratso
    There is something mentally wrong with people that indulge in those types of activities. I have lost any respect that I have ever had for him...http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/yuk.gif

Old Texan
    Considering he has never been disciplined by the league previously, I'd say a one year ban is likely. Arthur Blank would have kittens if they banned him for life.
    Don't be surprised if Arthur Blank makes his own move. Vick has pretty much worn out his welcome and his contract could be voided if anything comes of the indictment. Michael's been on very thin ice for several years and Blank has too much class and too much money to keep puttng up with this mess. Shaub is gone but they can survive withourt Vick. Atlanta fans were not happy with the Shaub trade.
    Stranger things have happened.
    I don't know about any predated evidence. The current evidence is very much real and recent. He didn't even own the property prior to being in the NFL. Wherever that story comes from it's in conflict to the talk out of Atlanta. They have credible evidencea and witnesses, the story line is being guarded until everything is firm. Michael Vick aka- "Ron Mexico" has bigger problems than Herpes. He's probalby played his last down and his "gangsta" asse is heading to the pokey.

RitcheyRch
    Ditto that. Will be interesting to see what the sportscasters say about him now. So tired of hearing about him. They make him sound like he can walk on water.
    There is something mentally wrong with people that indulge in those types of activities. I have lost any respect that I have ever had for him...http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/yuk.gif

Jbb
    The South is, well, the South

Ziggy

Hey y'all

SB
    He should not be banned for life from the NFL. If he has to go to jail, so be it. If there is no job opening when he gets out, so be it.

Old Texan
    With the Prosecutor exhibiting caution on applying his search warrant, pressure from animal rights groups, pressure from Congress, assistance from the NFL investigators, numerous local witnesses coming forward with testimony he was in town frequently and has bought syringes and other dog supplies, there is an increasing amount of evidence indicating Vick was lying and involved. Early stories dating back to his VT days reflect more on his ongoing invlovement in the underground industry rather than the current investigation. Top this off with recent reports that Federal Prosecution is being considered if they can prove interstate transport and Mike's goose is ready to go in the oven.
    Arthur Blank will not tolerate this much further and it's a safe assumption the Falcons' legal team is already exploring how to separate Vick from the team.
    There is way to much smoke in this one to not have a fire. I do not believe the NFL or Blank will afford the decision to do anything other than come down with extreme measures. This isn't a pot charge or DUI, it's major and look for ties to gambling and anything else they can throw at the fool.