Thread: Paging Hotcrusader76>>>

HammerDown
    Ty, well I finally tryed my 850 DP list#9380...what a major disappointment! yuk
    With stock jetting 78 P+S the motor was as FLAT and dead all the way up the rpm's as road kill! I even lost several hundred rpm at the top end!
    Come to fine out(this is my question to you)...this 850 DP has very large Annular Boosters. They have several holes all the way around them...a friend of mine said "that carb will never work on my motor with those large Annular Boosters". Would this be correct, and why?
    When I crack the throttle I can see fuel pour out of the Boosters.
    My 715 Vac.Secondary W/drop down smaller boosters has it all over the 850 DP and the motor rips with it on...thats back on at this time.
    Shame, the 850 is in mint condition...what could be done to make it work for me? I here it's not a good idea to replace the boosters...due to them falling out! eek!
    Thanks as usual for your comments.
    [ July 28, 2003, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: HammerDown ]

Hotcrusader76
    The annular boostered (8-hole version?) should've worked just fine. Remember that the annular boostered carb isn't the same jetting as the drop-leg version due to the increase in signal.
    Now in comparison of hole shot, the smaller venturied carb will most definitely respond quicker.
    Did you play with jetting and float height? Squirter size? Etc. That 850 could have a 31 or higher squirter where as the 715 might have a small 25 or 28.
    Does it fall on it's face out of the hole? Stumble? Etc...
    Don't give up so soon! wink

HammerDown
    Yep 8 hole Boosters.
    #31 Squirters P+S.
    Floats (new) were set at the normal level (bottom of site window).
    Pinkish Acc Cam on Primaries.
    Brown Cam on secondary.
    Both in #2 screw hole.
    The Idle screws (4) liked 1 full turn out from bottom.
    I'll tell ya, it just felt like there was a rag suffocating the carb or something...and a slight stumble/trip, not off the line, but about 1/4 into it. But very dull and flat all the way up the rpm's. Yep the squirters are working as soon as the throttle is touched.
    For what it's worth the Metering blocks are stamped Front> 9108 and Rear> 9380.
    *So what jets would you recomend for this 850DP Annular Booster carb? That is if the 78's are wrong.
    I'm aware the 850 is toooo big for my 468 at only 5300 rpm...but I did'nt think it would be this bad right from the git-go.
    Thanks for your suggestions.

FastRat1
    my 2 cents...i run an 850 DP p/n 4781 with 50cc reo pumps P+S with 80's P+S on a 427 BBC L-88..on a sgl tunnel ram..i have n/p with it..pulls strong all the way up (5300)..thats a gd carb u have..u can chng the boosters without them falling out..just stake them in place..its not too big a carb for a 468
    Ron

HammerDown
    FastRat1:
    my 2 cents...i run an 850 DP p/n 4781 with 50cc reo pumps P+S with 80's P+S on a 427 BBC L-88..on a sgl tunnel ram..i have n/p with it..pulls strong all the way up (5300)..thats a gd carb u have..u can chng the boosters without them falling out..just stake them in place..its not too big a carb for a 468
    Ron Ron thanks for your feedback...I'm kinda stumped with this one. I'll be giving Holley a call and see what they have to say. (besides it's to big)!

HammerDown
    So much for speaking to a Holley Tech...I think I had one of "Jerrys Kids" on the other end...about as useless as T*Ts on a Bull.