Thread: SUPERSTOCK GUY'S NEED HELP

SERIOUS ISSUES
    As I start getting parts together I have questions. What carb are you running. I know it cant have larger than 1 11/16 throttle plate.
    I checked a 850 and 830 holley carb and both are to big. I thought the 830 was the common carb used.
    thanks for any help...............

LeE ss13
    The List # 9381 830 cfm with Angular Discharge Venturis (sp) measures 1 11/16" at the bottom throttle bores. I think that is the unit most of us use. But then again, I'm always 3 years behind everybody else. I still have a TRW motor instead of a JE motor.

BigBoyToys
    Chad,
    Got the Part today. Thanks. Now maybe I'll put the engine in this weekend

SERIOUS ISSUES
    BigBoyToys:
    Chad,
    Got the Part today. Thanks. Now maybe I'll put the engine in this weekend COOL. Are you going to put together a SS motor???? I not how much will you let the carb go for?
    I must have got a hold of a modified carb, I did some checking around and the 830hp and the stock 830 are correct size. Now I just need to find one at a reasonable price.

BigBoyToys
    Yeah, I think we're gonna drop the K-Boat idea and go ahead and build an SS motor. Planning on running with the SSRA next season if all goes well. So now I have a Blower for sale
    [ June 30, 2003, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

Terminal Velocity
    What's up Chad. This is James I met you at Laughlin. If there's anything I can help you with don't hesitate to call me. home (702)896-7275 or 702-263-7275 ext. 3019. What I did was by an 830 annular and then after a couple of seasons I sent it to John Avery and had him rework it and my distributor. I'm pretty confident that between those two things and going w/ the straight 16 volt battery I probably picked up 20-30 hp. NO BULL!! I know he's been telling anyone now to buy the 830hp model since it's closer to what he does and doesn't have to do quite as much to get the flow. Someone else to look at could be HotCrusader he's a carb guy and his stuff looks real nice as well.
    Again if there's anything I can do for you let me know. I'll be home for the rest of the week then back at the office Monday. So if you PM me I won't get it until Monday.
    Take care and talk to you later.
    Also, there are some new rules about blocks, heads, and other things that you may not know about for next year so if your buying new pieces let me know and I'll get you the new numbers.
    James

grumpy501
    Have you been to the new Super Stock web page?
    www.superstockracingassoc.com pig_flyi

SERIOUS ISSUES
    grumpy501:
    Have you been to the new Super Stock web page?
    www.superstockracingassoc.com pig_flyi Thanks, I have. They are good about telling you what you cant use. the problem I run into is what carb is 1 11/16 throttle bore and what is a good head to run, thing like that. just hope you super stock guys dont hold back w/ the secrets.
    Not that you would, I know none of you are afraid of a girl (my wife).

FlatRacer
    Is the SSRA a new association, or is it simply a new name for the SSRS?
    FR.....SK,SS,PS,CamAm wink

126driver
    FlatRacer:
    Is the SSRA a new association, or is it simply a new name for the SSRS?
    FR.....SK,SS,PS,CamAm wink To keep it simple, the SSRA is the new SSRS.
    Sorta...