Thread: WTB - trailer Hitch

Community
    Anybody have a trailer hitch that will bolt - on to a 2003 Tahoe? If not, who makes the best hitch for one that will tuck up nice and clean to the bumper?
    Thanks.
    Community

GUGS102
    The dealer wanted $400 for the hitch set up. I got the same unit at walmart for $125 and installed it in an hour. Hardest part was locating the factory harness adapter. I'll save you the time, look above the spare tire

Jordy
    I don't know how much difference there is, but I've got the factory one off my 2500HD, the tube style with 2 bolts that tie into the bumper. It's just sitting collecting dust.

YeLLowBoaT
    Reese makes a nice hitch.

Community
    Thanks everyone. Jordy, I will check and see if it will work. As far as the wiring harness, I had that same experience on my 2000 pickup so lesson learned there but thanks for the heads-up. Walmart huh? It is literally the same hitch?

Community
    So I ended up buying one, made by Valley Hitch from Heacock Welding in Glendale, CA. $150 plus tax. Nice deal, tucks up to the bumper nice and clean so you pretty much only see the receiver. Ends up my bumper was slightly cockeyed and the bodyshop by my work put it on the rack to straighten it out the 1/4 or so for the 2 bolts that go into the bottom of the bumper. The frame bolts mounted up no problems so I believe it to be staright and the previous owner just backed into something. The adapter I bought for the lighting wa seasy as well. Just plugs in and offers either a 4 flat connection or a 6 round.