Thread: Cole T deck windshield

vdrivedenis
    I fell against my windshield at Red Bluff and broke it and do not know who to go to for a replacement. It is red. We ran Red Bluff with our 402 back-up motor and felt we went to a gun fight with a knife!! We managed to get to the Pro Eliminator Semi Finals 8.0, where we lost by .052 seconds. What an honor to run with the best on the West Coast and get that far. Thanks to Hippie George for the help tuning on Saturday night-it made a bunch of difference on Sunday. Look forward to seeing him again. Hopefully we will make Chowchilla (if some of my customers pay up!). Thanks to all of the people that supported us in the pits-our first time with the IHBA-what an awsome time.
    Denis Porter
    PE 034X
    Butterfly
    PS We need a used 36 tooth 1/2" pitch blower pulley. In order to compete in the 8.0 class we need to pull the pin in the gernade back a little further-

Denis contact plastic man on the boards. He has the Cole windshields!
    Nice meeting you Red Bluff.
    Tony Scarlata

promodbike2
    what are the general specs for your motor size heads blower wanting to build blown flat and what speed do you run?

HONDOG
    Dennis, great talking to you Monday morning at CFW. Your passes were by far the highlight of the weekend.
    PS: Got the old Hondo home took it apart and found 3 nozzles partially plugged(yahoo! at least now I know where the hell I am at!)
    Bob

vdrivedenis
    Tony, thanks for steering me in the right direction on the windshield-by the way, I am an X high speed barefooter. I would have liked to talk to the young lady you attemped to pull-her step off speed was too high. I will try and remember to bring a tape of my footing to Chowchilla. I was told to stop footing or risk being a quadrapaligic for the rest of my life!! Hopefully we can get the windshield replaced before Chowchilla. Bob, we had a great time visiting at CFW. Always a pleasure to see boats like yours that have a ton of sweat and tears invested to make them what they are. We also found three plugged nozzels at Red Bluff. I think we went over the filter we bought and installed to remedy that. If I can do anything for you, let me know.
    Our motor has a 4.187 bore and a 396 crank-3.760"? About 412 total cubes at this point. I run an Amerrican R1020 roller cam, Lunatti Rods, Venolia 10:1 pistons, summers gear drive, Enderele Bird Catcher on Alcohol, 32 gears, shaved 12 X 16 prop. We run the Austrialian Pro Comp heads with Inconel valves, titanium retainers, tool room springs and SS rocker arms with stud girddles. We do all of our own porting and polishing, assembley and tuning. My 427 ran 137 @ 8.02 in the quarter and 144 1 second past the clocks on our GPS. The 402 ran 135 @ 8.05 (best), no GPS speed recorded. The 402 ran 125 @ 4.5 seconds at 660' (1/8 mile at Red Bluff) We really need a few more cubes to run with the big boys, but my business has been so slow we cannot afford another motor right now. The 402 will have to be it for the rest of the season. We are going to up the boost and pray it stays together.
    First pass at Chowchilla will be as is, and if we do not see an 8.0, we will then up the boost. Jacket up and be safe!! Denis

PE 316
    Denis,
    If you can keep running those 8.0s, with that little 402 motor. I wouldn't worry about trying to go any quicker. Those are some stout numbers for such a small cubic inch deal. Which Cole hull are you running??
    Stop by the "Animal Instinct" (PE# 207) pit on Friday at Chowchilla we may have a pulley you can borrow...
    Mike Barnes

vdrivedenis
    Mike,
    Thanks for the offer for a pulley loan. We ordered one from BDS and should have it in plenty of time before we leave. The hull is a 1981 Cole TR2.
    The little 402 is huffing its brains out, but doing us proud. As we are relative green at this (out and out drag racing), so just being able to run and learn to dial in is great at this point. Maybe next year if business picks back up, we can build another 427. We would like to have two motors anyway.
    See you at Chowchilla. Check out our new air shifters!!
    Denis