Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Boat research time

Playinwithfyr
    Just sold my wakeboarding boat, caus I got tired of only going 42 MPH.
    Looking at different V hulls in the 25' and up range. I am researching quality,
    dependabilty and trying to get the most, "bang for my buck"
    Thinking about the Hallett $$$$, Ultra, Lavey, Sleek and the Shockwave.
    Any advice and customer service ratings would be helpful!

NashvilleBound
    Ultra....or if you can go new Trident. Whats your price point?

AirtimeLavey
    Of those you mentioned, I don't think you'll find a better boat than the Lavey. Of course, I'm biased, but for a "V" you can't go wrong w/Lavey.
    Good luck.

Playinwithfyr
    I am looking around 75k to the low 80's
    wanting to stay with a so cal builder due to any service issues that might come up.
    thanks!

yopengo

Any of these are a great choice. There are a TON of deals on used boats whith good power options. My 02.

Playinwithfyr
    Of those you mentioned, I don't think you'll find a better boat than the Lavey. Of course, I'm biased, but for a "V" you can't go wrong w/Lavey.
    Good luck.
    I like the Lavey 26 Nu Era, I just don't know if I can keep it in my price range.
    I was at Ultra on Weds and toured the factory, alot is not included in the "base" price. How are Laveys standard options?
    Thanks

burtandnancy2
    I've got the cleanest 27 Hallett you've ever seen, only gets used 1 day each odd year at the Hallett Regatta (you can't have it until after June 15, '07. Drop me a line, or give me your address and I'll mail you color pictures (red/white) and specs...

Jyruiz
    I am looking around 75k to the low 80's
    wanting to stay with a so cal builder due to any service issues that might come up.
    thanks!
    I think you are going to have to go used if you plan on sticking with the boat builders you posted in that price range, or maybe a smaller boat from them.

voodoomedman

Go test drive all of them. Customer service will arguably be the best at Ultra, I hear nothing but good things about Lavey as well.
    Costwise Hallet and then Lavey are probably the most.
    Shockwave you get a very nice boat for probably a little bit less.
    Ultra has the looks, the quality and the customer service for a nice price. PM Ultra28 or JohnwithJM with any questions or post them down in their forum.
    Anyhow, go visit them all and narrow it down to the models you like in your price range, test drive and negotiate a deal. I love the Ultra's but that's what works for me and my family. I would also not have a problem buying a Lavey or a Shockwave if Ultra didn't exist. Gotta find what works for you.

voodoomedman
    I think you are going to have to go used if you plan on sticking with the boat builders you posted in that price range, or maybe a smaller boat from them.
    No, the 24 Ultra or the 25 Shockwave should be less than that. Also I could be wrong but the new 26 Ultra should be around the 80 range. Now if you go cat or start going 27 and above then yes your pulling away from that number.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast