Thread: Screwing on the Deck

Bradf
    No.. not that kind.. put your pants back on! im putting on quick disconnects for the bimini top and i was wondering if there was anything i should know. I assume you just use a stainless steel wood screw? Maybe fill the hole w/ some silicone? Ahh man, way to much sexual pun in this post... Lett'er rip guys.
    Brad

djunkie
    I'd thru bolt it if possible. Save it from pulling out.

jetboat=$
    thru bolt it with a nice size backer...the last thing you want to do is fix glass. i be forced to fix glass, when you could be screwing on the deck

YeLLowBoaT
    make sure you use a counter sink tool... after you drill. The slight bevel will help prevent cracking around the hole.

Bradf
    Cool, thanks guys. Yea the quick disconnect pc. has a bevel in it. I just need to find a machine screw w/ the same bevel, a fender washer/nut/lockwasher for the underside. should be good to go... Oh, and the silicon? i assume by you guys not mentioning anything it was okay to use? :P

Cole1313
    Rex Marine has flush mount bimini top holders. They are really nice and make it easy to clip in and out.

GUGS102
    I thru bolted mine "just in case" I also added the solid bars for the rear mounting. Substansially strengthened the entire assembly. Still not cleared for full throttle (found that out last year) however, I use less fuel with the top up as it pains me to think of the coin to replace the poles, top etc. Maybe they should be marketed under fuel saving device??