Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Questions about adding a place diverter

Amm
    This forum was invaluable to me when I rebuilt my pump, I wonder if I could get some advice.
    It seems like practically everyone on the forum has some sort of adjustable trim for their jet. Are they worth it? If so, is manual or hydraulic better? If manual vs hydraulic has no clear winner, what are the advantages of each?
    I ask this because after rebuilding the pump, my boat is performing much better. Yet, there are a couple things that it has trouble with such as, when I load up more than 6 people and try to deep water start a slalom skier. It works fine once we get on a plane, but we can spend quite a bit of time trying to get on a plane in this situation.
    Here is a picture of the boat. Its a 23 foot Day cruiser with a 460 BBF and Berk 12-JC pump. The boat's brand name is Cordova by Fiber-Cell. I've never heard of it.
    http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/t730116_boat.jpg (http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i730116_boat.jpg)
    http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/t730118_IMG2451.JPG (http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i730118_IMG2451.JPG)
    http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/t730117_IMG2450.JPG (http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i730117_IMG2450.JPG)
    It seems like a place diverter might be the answer to achieve better performance on my boat. Just wondering if they work like they say, faster time to plane and better top end.
    Any thoughts are appreciated

wright27
    It is very much worth it, especially with a boat that size. I have a cruiser and it make a huge difference. You will plain faster and be able to control it for a better ride in all types of water conditions.
    I hate the hyd. I am taking mine out and going man.

Amm
    It is very much worth it, especially with a boat that size. I have a cruiser and it make a huge difference. You will plain faster and be able to control it for a better ride in all types of water conditions.
    I hate the hyd. I am taking mine out and going man.
    Thanks for the feedback. I am going to get one and it sounds like a manual one is the way to go. Why do you hate the hydraulic version?

I have a 22' family cruiser. I use a hydraulic place diverter for better control of the nozzel position. I also have a guage on my dash that shows the relative position of the nozzel.. This helped me find a reference point for loaded starts to flat out planing.
    All parts came from CP Performance.
    Good luck.

BrendellaJet
    From what I have seen, people who have the hydraulic pump controlling the diverter like it. If they ever try one that is manual they like it better & many have switched. The manual is nice because the changes in position are actually faster. with the hydraulic pump there is a lot of quick adjustments on the switch to get the diverter in that "just right" spot. The gauge might help.
    For deep water skiing, point it down and nail it.when the skiier is up, adjust it up (no roost though).
    I think you will find that all handling aspects will improve.

Kenosobby
    on a differ note... At first glance I said "Holy smokes another Hawaiian like mine" I'm headed over to take a picture of it and show ya.. looks dang near identical to yours.

MudPumper
    Something to consider........The manual diverters come with either a floor or stringer mount and those of us running them have 18 and 19 foot boats where we sit very close to the floor. I'm sure in your cruiser, the seating is up high and therefore the stringers are hidden under the floor which is quite a ways down. Unless you rig up some trick mounting bracket, I would go Hydrolic in a boat that big.

coopers396
    im going to be buying the manual control place divertor next month hopefully..but i wanted to know if it really makes a boat go faster..ive heard it has and ive heard you lose power..i honestly cant see how it can make you go faster if its aiming the water coming from the nozzle up..anyone have any experiences?

Cheap Thrills
    im going to be buying the manual control place divertor next month hopefully..but i wanted to know if it really makes a boat go faster..ive heard it has and ive heard you lose power..i honestly cant see how it can make you go faster if its aiming the water coming from the nozzle up..anyone have any experiences?
    In as few words as possible , pointing the jet up lifts the bow higher out of the water thus reducing drag less drag = more speed. pointing the jet down forces the bow down displacing more water will move the hull up onto plane faster than it would if it were pointed up and carrying the nose. Is that understandable ?
    C.T. :wink:

coopers396
    In as few words as possible , pointing the jet up lifts the bow higher out of the water thus reducing drag less drag = more speed. pointing the jet down forces the bow down displacing more water will move the hull up onto plane faster than it would if it were pointed up and carrying the nose. Is that understandable ?
    C.T. :wink:
    thanks man yea i understand now..i have a 18ft hondo hull with a BBC396 and a jacuzzi pump..it goes between 58-60..what sort of MPH changes do you think i would be getting if i added the divertor
    thanks
    erick

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast