Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Questions about adding a place diverter

ck7684
    Also, it's the velocity of the water exiting the nozzle that propels the boat, so if you aim it so it shoots out just above the water, it wont be slowed down...thus more thrust and speed!!! being able to trim the jet is definately a must!!

Cheap Thrills
    thanks man yea i understand now..i have a 18ft hondo hull with a BBC396 and a jacuzzi pump..it goes between 58-60..what sort of MPH changes do you think i would be getting if i added the divertor
    thanks
    erick
    Man it's hard to say. The first trip to the lake with my boat wasn't anything like I expected a jet to be. It had zero roost and the boat rode wet almost like it was plowing through the water. My speed was around 45. After I put a diverter on it the speed and handling improved dramatically. With a little tweak here and a tune there I'm up to 58. with a small block Chevy. A major chunk of that 13Mph was the diverter. along with some engine tuning. I have 2 ,4* wedges to put on it to raise the jet even further and possibly get a little more speed out of it. Here's the before and after pic and you can see the difference it made with the way my hull rode.
    Your results may vary.
    Good Luck
    C.T. :wink:
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...127new_sig.jpg

Amm
    on a differ note... At first glance I said "Holy smokes another Hawaiian like mine" I'm headed over to take a picture of it and show ya.. looks dang near identical to yours.
    I would like to see it. The only information I can find is the company "Fiber Cell" was based in Salt Lake City and produced boats in the late 70's. I wonder if they bought the rights to the same mold or just cloned it.

coopers396
    Man it's hard to say. The first trip to the lake with my boat wasn't anything like I expected a jet to be. It had zero roost and the boat rode wet almost like it was plowing through the water. My speed was around 45. After I put a diverter on it the speed and handling improved dramatically. With a little tweak here and a tune there I'm up to 58. with a small block Chevy. A major chunk of that 13Mph was the diverter. along with some engine tuning. I have 2 ,4* wedges to put on it to raise the jet even further and possibly get a little more speed out of it. Here's the before and after pic and you can see the difference it made with the way my hull rode.
    Your results may vary.
    Good Luck
    C.T. :wink:
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...127new_sig.jpg
    gotcha..thats a big difference in speed for the things you did..to make the jet shoot higher you would add angled wedges?Ive seen place divertors that shoot kinda low and i wanted to make it so it would shoot pretty high..thanks again for the info C.T.
    erick

pw_Tony
    You should keep me updated on your hondo, we just picked one up without a place diverter and just wanted to know if it would make a difference...

Amm
    Do you operate the manual lever with your foot? Can the stringer lever be mounted like my throttle lever and operated by hand?
    Maybe hydraulic is the way to go on my boat, but the simplicity of the manual appeals to me.

coopers396
    You should keep me updated on your hondo, we just picked one up without a place diverter and just wanted to know if it would make a difference...
    yea i will for sure..i want to get one before the next trip out but i dunno if i could come up with the cash in 3 weeks..i got a lot of things to buy right now as it is haha
    erick

wright27
    Thanks for the feedback. I am going to get one and it sounds like a manual one is the way to go. Why do you hate the hydraulic version?
    The manual is faster and I know exactly where it is when I want it to be where I need it.

Amm
    Thanks everyone,
    Just put my order in for a manual diverter. Can't wait.

71tahiti
    HYD is more money... but it works plenty fast for the boating I do and is just a toggle switch on the dash, in a convienent spot. I dont have a gauge, I just go by the feel of the boat.
    My boat drove like a lunch box with a BBO. Put the PD on it and the handling was alot better and the top end increased. It will just ride better...
    Try the Manual... I have HYD and its a must for any jet IMO
    leaving my .02

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast