Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Questions about adding a place diverter

cave
    ? A diverter on a JC? You may have to rotate you bowl 90°. Or was I told wrong. Just wondering if Place manufactured an adaptor for the JC.
    I got the hydraulic and love it when it works and piss & moan when it don't. I had the manual but it was mounted on the stringer rite in the center of the drivers seat. A couple of big rollers helped my decision to go Hydro.
    with the Hydraulic you can tap the toggle till you find the sweet spot. You can do the same with a manual but you have to find it by adjusting the lock nuts.
    I can feel where the sweet spot is now. That rush of speed is worth the money!

pw_Tony
    ? A diverter on a JC? You may have to rotate you bowl 90°. Or was I told wrong. Just wondering if Place manufactured an adaptor for the JC.
    I got the hydraulic and love it when it works and piss & moan when it don't. I had the manual but it was mounted on the stringer rite in the center of the drivers seat. A couple of big rollers helped my decision to go Hydro.
    with the Hydraulic you can tap the toggle till you find the sweet spot. You can do the same with a manual but you have to find it by adjusting the lock nuts.
    I can feel where the sweet spot is now. That rush of speed is worth the money!
    I've only seen one JC set up that way with a jet-ovator. My jc is set up just right for a place diverter without turning the bowl

cave
    So you didnt have to modify the bowl to get the diverter to work? I thought you needed a split bowl for the Place Diverter. Thats good news for Amm.
    Back when I bought my Place Diverter I was asked if I had a split bowl. I was told If I had a JC I would have to rotate the bowl so the pins where vertical. I told them I had a JG and it was all good.

pw_Tony
    So you didnt have to modify the bowl to get the diverter to work? I thought you needed a split bowl for the Place Diverter. Thats good news for Amm.
    Back when I bought my Place Diverter I was asked if I had a split bowl. I was told If I had a JC I would have to rotate the bowl so the pins where vertical. I told them I had a JG and it was all good.
    Nope, that's only on factory jet-o-vator ones I believe. My pins are straight up and down, but my friend's JC nozzle pins are on the left and right hand sides, but if you have a jetovator I don't think you would need a place diverter at all cause they allready have trim adjust.

cave
    So I had it back erds.lol. Cool Pins Horizontal and its OK.

squirt'nmyload
    in your boat i'd probably do hydraulic...like cave said when it works its the best but when it doesn't i have a manual now but honestly i wish i had my hydraulic diverter back.. i hate having the shifter on the floor ....oh and if you do manual get a lockout shifter

pw_Tony
    So I had it back erds.lol. Cool Pins Horizontal and its OK.
    Damn it no! Lol it's pins vertical and it's OK!

Devilman
    I've only seen one JC set up that way with a jet-ovator. My jc is set up just right for a place diverter without turning the bowl
    Here is a couple of pics of mine, before I swapped bowls. Its a JC pump, the diverter was on it when I bought the boat. When I started making inquiries about the bowl deal, I was told the diverter for a JC pump & a JG pump were interchangeable. That was key in my deal, cause if I had to spring for another diverter, I wasn't gonna swap bowls....
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...erterdown1.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ewtransom2.jpg

biggraypig
    Depends on the diverter you have. I have seen them both ways.
    One does require you to rotate the bowl 90*.
    In the last pic, the reverse gate is forced up in forward with the jet stream and drops down for reverse.

pw_Tony
    Depends on the diverter you have. I have seen them both ways.
    One does require you to rotate the bowl 90*.
    On the last pic, the reverse gate is forced up in forward with the jet stream and drops down for reverse.
    When the bowl is twisted 90* like that you don't even need a place diverter do you? Isn't it basically the same thing?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast