Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prop shaft log replacement

GofastRacer
    I might be too late with this, but, for the last couple years I've been using 3M Marine Adhesive Sealant 5200, Part # 051135-05203. It comes in a 3oz tube and is available at most Marine Supply houses. The stuff is really tuff, I've used it on all the thru-hull fittings, including the shaftlog, and never had a problem. Oh, and it comes in black too, which makes for a clean finish.
    That works good so does #2 Permatex, but only if the floor is nice and flat, if it's uneven you have to make a flat surface otherwise it'll tweak the shit out of the shaftlog and(if not break it)will end up leaking, that's when I use Marine-Tex!...

Dave Sammons
    That works good so does #2 Permatex, but only if the floor is nice and flat, if it's uneven you have to make a flat surface otherwise it'll tweak the shit out of the shaftlog and(if not break it)will end up leaking, that's when I use Marine-Tex!...
    You gotta quit working on those boats that have been stored outside, uncovered in the Arizona sun!

GofastRacer
    You gotta quit working on those boats that have been stored outside, uncovered in the Arizona sun!
    Good point!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12