Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: paging boat cop....help

seanv
    what are the regs involved with an oui check point? they had one out yesturday at pleasant and, i saw all the boats, the oui markers and such. my question is this, are we supposed to treat that bouy line as a no wake? i saw other boats get back on plane as well as pwc buzzin around. i just went with the safe side and treated it like a no wake. i flagged down two leo's but they answered with the "no blow right thru and we'll check you for sure" comment. that tells me to no wake it but, i would like to know the true rules on this. thx sean

RiverDave
    They have OUI bouies? What the hell does that look like?
    RD

seanv
    sorry dave i didnt snap a pic for you:devil:
    they were small in size like a reef marker but had " oui check point" on them.

Jordy
    They have OUI bouies? What the hell does that look like?
    RD
    Just like a regular bouy, but as Sean said, they had "OUI CHECKPOINT" and there were about a dozen MCSO and Game & Fish boats out making stops. :jawdrop:

squirt'nmyload
    what are the regs involved with an oui check point? they had one out yesturday at pleasant and, i saw all the boats, the oui markers and such. my question is this, are we supposed to treat that bouy line as a no wake? i saw other boats get back on plane as well as pwc buzzin around. i just went with the safe side and treated it like a no wake. i flagged down two leo's but they answered with the "no blow right thru and we'll check you for sure" comment. that tells me to no wake it but, i would like to know the true rules on this. thx sean
    we saw you talking to them and was wondering what was going on. i noticed the markers coming in and just treated it like a no wake bouy. saw those lice flying around in there too, f in jackasses.

seanv
    i was fockin confused! lake lice at speed but when i asked if i should treat the area like a "no wake" i get a focked up reply from two different sheriffs boats.

Ike
    in AZFAMILY.com
    More than a dozen nabbed for DUI at Lake Pleasant
    07:45 AM Mountain Standard Time on Monday, June 4, 2007
    Staff and wire reports
    Officers were back out at Lake Pleasant over the weekend to catch boaters who might have been driving under the influence.
    According to the boating law administrator for the Arizona Game and Fish Department, officers made contact with up to 300 boats. Sixteen people were cited.
    Yesterday's operation was one of seven that will take place this summer.
    Over Memorial Day weekend, officer set up a DUI checkpoint to nab drunk drivers leaving the lake.
    About 1,000 cars were stopped, and between eight and 15 people were arrested for DUI.

seanv
    for the record i wasnt cited for anything. im just trying to get the info so i dont break the rules and look like one of the jackoff's we all complain about.:notam:

Boatcop
    It depends on what how the buoys were marked and what was on them. When I ran one at the River in '96, we had the buoys marked with the Circle and worded both "OUI CHECKPOINT" and "NO WAKE".

ManOnTheRun
    it was the same bouy as the no wake, but with no circle. An orange stripe around the top and botom said OUI in the middle. I was next to one for about 25 mins. Got a ticket for my 11 yr old not wearing a vest. i didn't know he had to be 12. My bad.
    They checked me for everything. Vests, Two extinguishers (and the gauge), checked my halon, throw float and line, horn, and reg. sticker. Never asked about drinking.
    I was next to an elminator who walked me when i was doing 80. They must of thought I was out of control...i said can you run up to north ramp and ticket all those jet skiers who keep running out in front of everyone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast