Thread: Hey fiat

Blown 472
    How big a tank did you have on your car and how much alky did you use during a a run? burnout and all included.

Fiat48
    Both the cars had those 5 gallon fuel cells (but we took the foam crap out.)
    We could do 2 longggg burnouts and passes. But we fueled between rounds anyway.
    Doesn't use as much as you think.

Blown 472
    Both the cars had those 5 gallon fuel cells (but we took the foam crap out.)
    We could do 2 longggg burnouts and passes. But we fueled between rounds anyway.
    Doesn't use as much as you think.
    So I could get away with one of those up right fuel cells? I was thinking of having an alum tank built that mounts to the inner fender right above the fuel pump.

Fiat48
    Yes. Warming the thing up is when you use all the fuel.
    To keep from diluting the oil and using so much fuel for warmup....simply close the fuel shutoff part way....till you hear the motor run smooth and accept the fuel you are giving it while cold. Build some heat....you'll hear the motor gaining rpm as it warms...big time. Open the fuel shutoff when it does this.
    Don't whack the throttle with the fuel shutoff partially closed or bye bye blower possible.

Blown 472
    Interesting, thanks.

Blown 472
    Can I legally mount the fuel cell in the engine compartment on the inner fender?

Fiat48
    I bet a door car it has to be in the trunk. You'd have to check the rule book to be sure.

fc-pilot
    All the blown Pro Mods have their tank in the engine bay. Newer door cars usually have the tank up by the radiator also. I would read up on it (as I don't know the details concerning door cars) but I have reason to believe you will be OK with it.
    Paul