Thread: Paradise Boat Rentals

Little Wood Boat
    Just about what one would expect from a rental outfit in LHC. Friends of the family rent a pontoon today. Boat is listing to the port from they beginning. Spent most of the rental time moving everything to the starboard side. Old dude with sunglasses that runs the place can't give a shit about the total lack of enjoyment the family endured today. He just wants his money for the rental and fuel. Seems he was quite the asshole about it at the launch ramp. He had no problem raising his voice to an 80 year old grandpa. Wish I had more details.
    Maybe he spends his time here on ***boat, and while counting his money while he sends out a defective rental, he could give his accounting of the day.

OSidePat
    Rented from those a** holes 5 years ago it was a deck boat with a broken gas gage they they me and my family out there on the lake with about 3 gals of gas we ran out just as they were picking us up and they the pricks said that the tank was full and I said all we did was hang at the channel so we went back to the office and I had a chat with the owner and they apologized and didnt charge us for the gas we never used thanks alot I said ..fricking A**holes never again !

HavasuSelect
    Wow, this surprises me. I've used them a couple times without any problems.

MsLWB
    I was the one who rented the deckboat today. The problem was the pontoon had a leak and we didn't know about it. After sitting on a beach for a few hours - it was just long enough for it to really take on water. By the time we headed back, it was really leaning. We pulled up to the ramp, the back portion was 1' deep in water. They told me on the phone earlier when I asked about the lean, it was just the gas tank wasn't full on one side.
    Nice.
    Our family had a 2 year old and my 80 year old father in their van. When we asked to talk to him about the boat he started to yell saying "you're paying for the boat in full, the gas in full, and then you are leaving!!" and slammed the car door.
    I learned my lesson. Especially when someone on the ramp said he knew the boat- it has previously had problems.
    Nice to know they are renting quality equipment.
    I guess I'll stick to driving our own boat.

Not So Fast
    I spend a lot of time watching the ramp follies and the rental places dont really seem to give a crap about their boats running or not, I have seen many times after launching that they have to abort because of a malfunction, sometimes the renters fault but mostly the rentals are all junk, all they care about is the money. FunTime seems to be the worst in failed launches IMO. NSF