Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holley Red Fuel Pump to small for my application?

kcsteck
    Hi all,
    Im runnin the Holley Red Fuel electric pump4-6 psi max on my 455 with 500 lift cam,headers,Victor intake,750 Demon. Jetted carb up 4 sizes and still lean,it seems. Do I need the Blue pump 7-14 psi max with regulater? let me know what yo all think.
    Casey

TIMINATOR
    Minimum 3/8" fuel lines everywhere, and big unrestrictive (we port the spin-on types)fuel filter. TIMINATOR

kcsteck
    thanks for the reply Timinater. I do have 3/8 fuel lines all the way. Also have the spin on fuel/water seperator. Is that what you are talkin about? and port what if that is what you are talkin about? The fittings that the fuel in and out lines hook to?So are you sayin the red pump at about 4psi is good enough for my application even tho i have jetted my demon 750 up four sizes front and back? I was ready to try bigger Holley 850 and Blue pump if i cant get rid of this lean condition. It dont pop or anything.Runs good for cruiser, I just know it has more since plugs are lookin like brand new almost.goes like 60 GPS 76Tahiti lead sled,5k RPM
    casey

nyjetboat
    i perfer the blue pump, and keep it at 7 psi .the blue flows about 20 more gallons per hour and i like being able to regulate it.this is on a 455 with a tunnel ram 2 450s now , but ran 66os with the same set up no problems

kcsteck
    ok got a fuel pressure guage to test the Holley red fuel pump and I got 4 psi at idle and lesss when I step on the gas like 3.5 to 3. sounds like it needs to go in the can. I ordered Blue Pump and regulater. Was wanderin what psi should i regulate it to 7psi? Im runnin Demon 750 carb.
    Casey

MudPumper
    I try to run about 7.5 psi but psi is not as important as flow. Which fuel filter/seperator do you run. Fram and Wix make high flow filter/seperator. They flow more than the standard Mercury or Sierra filters.

kcsteck
    dang you know i dont know what brand. Ill have to look tomoorow. prob have to unbolt it just to see as its really tucked up under there in the back
    Casey

kcsteck
    is this the type of Fram filter you are talkin about? it doesnt say water seperater tho?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FRAM-...200QQihZ018QQi temZ280120136445QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

76ANTHONY
    run my 455 with a tunnel ram and two 750's on it at 7 even, does fine, no issues

kcsteck
    76anthony or mudpumper what filter water seperator do you run? can you show me pic from somewhere.
    Casey

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast