Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Welding schools??

scarabrick2
    If we can help,let me know. If you, or any of your friends, Hot Boat buddy's want to get certified. My brother and I certify welders. You can send us the sample plate(case by case ) and we will inspect/bend test the sample. We have a special Hot Boat price. Email questions and cert levels to , jbtechllc@aol.com
    Rick
    Jeff Borba (owner)
    JB Technologies LLC
    702-210-0088

dumbandyoung
    Tri-City in Covina has a good program from what I hear.
    What exactly do you want to learn?
    Ryph
    mainly tig and some mig..maybe even some gas
    Covina would work great! Do you have a phone number for them?

Ryphraph
    I don't have the number handy. It is South of the Police Department next to La Tazza... They do it in the evenings and on the weekends I believe. Drop by and they will give you the scoop.
    Ryph

dumbandyoung
    I don't have the number handy. It is South of the Police Department next to La Tazza... They do it in the evenings and on the weekends I believe. Drop by and they will give you the scoop.
    Ryph
    Thanks! Ill stop by today! The police station is off Citrus and San Bernardino right?

vee-driven
    Just buy a damn welder and get alot of scrap and start welding. i have been welding since i was a little kid, and a few years ago i went to scroc to get better. I learned some technique, but all the machines are different, and if you want to be good on your machine, practice on your own equipment makes perfect, well sorta.

Ryphraph
    Thanks! Ill stop by today! The police station is off Citrus and San Bernardino right?
    Yes...
    Ryph

dumbandyoung
    Just buy a damn welder and get alot of scrap and start welding. i have been welding since i was a little kid, and a few years ago i went to scroc to get better. I learned some technique, but all the machines are different, and if you want to be good on your machine, practice on your own equipment makes perfect, well sorta.
    DING DING DING!
    But what the hell do I buy?

epeagle
    consolidated welding school in pico rivera.

buzzaro
    School wouldnt be a bad idea but if youre intent is to endup buying equipment anyhow might as well just do some research and see what best fits your needs and buy it, pick up some books, do a internet research maybe and start practicing. The basics arent that tough once you realize what your actually looking at, the flow, slag, material and all that. Tig and Mig are both gas welding btw. Good luck, could turn out to be quite a hobby/busniess

Ryphraph
    DING DING DING!
    But what the hell do I buy?
    check www.millerwelds.com
    I have the Passport for MIG and an older Syncrowave 180 for TIG and stick.
    You can get a decent MIG for around $1000 but it depends on what you want to do with it all.
    Ryph

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast