Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tunnel Rams

76miller
    What tunnel rams are you guys running on your Big Block FORDS ? I have a set of Pro Comp alum. heads that I'm about to port and I'm trying to decide what tunnel ram intake to run. I heard the Weiand's dont flow that well ??? Any thoughts, pics, comments ???

LakesOnly
    76 Miller,
    Both Weiand and Offenhauser offer cast 2x4 tunnel rams. The Offy comes with SCJ-sized ports as cast, and the Weiand has passenger car-sized ports as cast but can pretty much be ported to SCJ-size.
    Since you have the ProCrap cylinder heads, you should probably purchase the Weiand since it has ports that are the same size as the ProCrap's intake ports. It does require some detail work in the plenum area but the results exceed the effort put into the cleanup of the plenum..
    LO

junkyardhunter
    He said PRO CRAP

76miller
    Ya ya, pro crap. Ya there not the best heads "out of the box", but there better than stock(95cc/300runners) and are capable of some real growth after porting. After I'm done with them they will have a 2.3 intake, and a 1.8 exhaust valve. Not so crappy now, are they ! I think Pro Comp might have pissed in Ol' Lakes wheaties, cause he always bashes every time he gets a chance??????

dmontzsta
    Ya ya, pro crap. Ya there not the best heads "out of the box", but there better than stock(95cc/300runners) and are capable of some real growth after porting. After I'm done with them they will have a 2.3 intake, and a 1.8 exhaust valve. Not so crappy now, are they ! I think Pro Comp might have pissed in Ol' Lakes wheaties, cause he always bashes every time he gets a chance??????
    I think he just knows alot about heads.

vee-driven
    throw a blower on it and stop fukn around buddy. i heard you can get a 10-71 blowershop setup for under 3g's

76miller
    I just got done putting four more grand into the pump ! I'm waiting till next year for any more big upgrades otherwise I'll be at the river about as much as you !! ha ha.

pw_Tony
    I just got done putting four more grand into the pump ! I'm waiting till next year for any more big upgrades otherwise I'll be at the river about as much as you !! ha ha.
    I have a BDS blower intake with a 6-71 that I was planning to use but would sell them to yah if yah want for $1000 if you're interested. If not I'll just keep them and put them on my boat...

dmontzsta
    $4k into a pump? stop jacking around and get a V-Drive! Throw money into the motor and go fast!

76miller
    PW, Thanks for the offer, but I'm gonna have to pass. Can't swing anymore upgrades at the moment. 76miller

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast