Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Cell Help

78Eliminator
    So I am getting ready to RDs party and I wanted to top the tanks off in the boat and do a test run this morning. Well, I remember that every time I fill up and then drive her around on the trailer, it spills lots of fuel all over my bilge. I looked at the hoses that connect the fuel filler cap/neck to the actual stainless fuel cell and they were both rotten and not even connected to the tank. Well, the lip on the tank is less than a cm, and is practically impossible to get a standard 2 1/2" hose on.
    Here are my questions:
    Where can I get some flimsy silicone type hose (kind of like what they use with intercoolers)
    Where can I get hose clamps that are skinnier than normal sized ones?
    I have a 78 Eliminator Daytona with the stainless steel fuel cells in the back on each side. Any help appreciated, I have to get this done tonght!
    [ October 03, 2002, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: 78Eliminator ]

miller19j
    Justin,
    You can get Spring clamps that are made out of round spring steel about 1/8 inch diameter and use the regular rubber hose. You can get these clamps at a good auto parts store they are used a lot on tractor air intake hoses. They should work on the small inlet on you fuel cell.
    What is with the “cm” have you gone metric?

78Eliminator
    miller19j:
    Justin,
    You can get Spring clamps that are made out of round spring steel about 1/8 inch diameter and use the regular rubber hose. You can get these clamps at a good auto parts store they are used a lot on tractor air intake hoses. They should work on the small inlet on you fuel cell.
    What is with the “cm” have you gone metric?Hahaha. I have to admit, I hate american sizing. I wish we would just conform to the rest of the world and go metric. What are we waiting for?

Jordy
    I think the rest of the world should conform with us. Screw the communist metric system.
    Jordy

miller19j
    All of our machine tools are in inches (Lathes, Mills, Mesuring Tools) but the metric system is a better system.
    Self tightening spring clamp 2 ½ “ wire Ø .182
    Part number 5324K55 $5.29 for 100
    www.mcmaster.com
    I will check for the hose in a minute.

78Eliminator
    miller19j:
    All of our machine tools are in inches (Lathes, Mills, Mesuring Tools) but the metric system is a better system.
    Self tightening spring clamp 2 ½ “ wire Ø .182
    Part number 5324K55 $5.29 for 100
    www.mcmaster.com
    I will check for the hose in a minute.Thanks DUDE!!!!

miller19j
    I am drawing a blank for hose that is fuel safe and flexible/thin.
    But with those spring clamps you should be able to use the regular fuel inlet hose. Just make sure you cut it real straight on the end connecting to your cell. The regular rubber hose should be easy to find in your area, I know that our Napa carries it. Mcmaster will have those clamps to you overnight if you decide to go that route they have a warehouse in LA.

78Eliminator
    miller19j:
    I am drawing a blank for hose that is fuel safe and flexible/thin.
    But with those spring clamps you should be able to use the regular fuel inlet hose. Just make sure you cut it real straight on the end connecting to your cell. The regular rubber hose should be easy to find in your area, I know that our Napa carries it. Mcmaster will have those clamps to you overnight if you decide to go that route they have a warehouse in LA.I need them at lunch. Gunna go to some local parts stores. I might just rig it temporary and get the mcmaster ones after i get back....

Jordy
    Fix it right because I dont want to see any replays of the Burninator incident. Perhaps I will bring some extra fire extinguishers just in case.
    Jordy

78Eliminator
    Yeah, if I can't fix it, I am not bringing the boat. Finally met a cool chick and don't want to kill her by accident.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast