Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New twin 300xs 22' Daytona

Bullhead Bully
    I have a new 22 in the mold I'm wondering what props I might be looking for when it is done ? It will have 1.62 gears light layup Kevlar Decolite. Also what steering is the best for OB application I have not built an OB in years and Imco does not make a Power assist I'm leaning towards Latham Any Suggestions on something my wife could drive ?? Some of the stuff out there is Very hard to turn.

DCBDaytona
    Nice build! I assume Tony from Eliminator is rigging the 300s? He should know all the pieces to the puzzle! As for props...since your running 1.62s with lower RPMs, I'd suggest a set of Merc labbed 15x32 4 blade Cleavers. The 1.62s will leave much to be desired in hole shot with the twins but the mid/high end range will rock.

Evin Rude
    Your pick of Latham hydraulic is the best, you wont need power assist. The best props for your rig will be Merc 4 blade cleavers, 15" dia and 34 pitch. Should run 115-118 with these props, accelerate real hard and jump on plane in an instant.

Bullhead Bully
    Yes Tony is doing the rigging , my biggest concern is the steering , so I'm on the right track with the Latham You don't think I need power assist .My average day out is about 100 to 150 miles of running. Dodging idiots all the way on Sea doos . With my IOs it is no concern but some of the OBs I have driven lately are Very driver unfriendly , this created my concern.

TUNNEL T
    Nice build! I assume Tony from Eliminator is rigging the 300s? He should know all the pieces to the puzzle! As for props...since your running 1.62s with lower RPMs, I'd suggest a set of Merc labbed 15x32 4 blade Cleavers. The 1.62s will leave much to be desired in hole shot with the twins but the mid/high end range will rock.
    i'd stick with 34's ,your light boat slip will be good and low ,i'm running the same two motors on a f-26 and i have a set of 35's labbed ,but they are not my summer time props cuz they are just a bit to much ! steering is not a big issue on my boat either hydraulic from the helm all the way back ,my wife drives it no problem ! TUNNEL T

Bullhead Bully
    i'd stick with 34's ,your light boat slip will be good and low ,i'm running the same two motors on a f-26 and i have a set of 35's labbed ,but they are not my summer time props cuz they are just a bit to much ! steering is not a big issue on my boat either hydraulic from the helm all the way back ,my wife drives it no problem ! TUNNEL TWhat steering do you have??

XtrmWakeborder
    Baller...don't you already have a 22?

Kilrtoy
    i'm running the two motors on a f-26 ,my wife drives it no problem ! TUNNEL T
    LUCKY YOU:devil:

Charley
    i'd stick with 34's ,your light boat slip will be good and low ,i'm running the same two motors on a f-26 and i have a set of 35's labbed ,but they are not my summer time props cuz they are just a bit to much ! steering is not a big issue on my boat either hydraulic from the helm all the way back ,my wife drives it no problem ! TUNNEL T
    Boat looked stellar at the regatta A

TUNNEL T
    Boat looked stellar at the regatta A
    charley thanks , and by the way i did put the wife into the wall at the gokart track ! TUNNEL T my steering is imco

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast