Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Screwing question???

SUBPRIME
    Sorry wanted to get everyone's attention, the screws on one of the four legs that hold my bolsters in the boat, the screws do not hold from being stripped I guess, I've tried to tighten them and there is just no hold....
    So what's the best way to get that thing screwed right? is there something I could shoot in the old holes and then reinsert the screws?
    Any advice?

rrrr
    If possible, rotate the base at the bottom of the leg so you can drill new pilot holes and insert the screws in different locations.
    Use 3M 5200 to set the screws.

TAF
    just buy a new boat:sqeyes:

MR FLYIN VEE
    Sorry wanted to get everyone's attention, the screws on one of the four legs that hold my bolsters in the boat, the screws do not hold from being stripped I guess, I've tried to tighten them and there is just no hold....
    So what's the best way to get that thing screwed right? is there something I could shoot in the old holes and then reinsert the screws?
    Any advice? Tap some toothpicks in the hole as many as you can,then try to put the screw back in and see if it holds

RiverDave
    Tap some toothpicks in the hole as many as you can,then try to put the screw back in and see if it holds
    To echo the Vee's, break some toothpicks in half, and shove them in the holes, then rerun your existing screws back in.
    RD

dunaholic
    Liquid nails, those screws will never come out after that.

RiverDave
    Liquid nails, those screws will never come out after that.
    I never had that good of luck with that to be honest.. I didn't hold as well as I figured it would.
    RD

vee-driven
    you could put some mollys in the holes, like you would with drywall.

Ziggy
    You can always size up the screw too

bordsmnj
    5 minute epoxy with 1/16" bigger screw let me know how it works i've never tried it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast