Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I an a$$hole?

adjones419
    Need some advice/opinions...I'm a young guy...
    Had been dating a girl for over a year now, and things we're going well. I've been dragboat racing for several years now (been doing it before I met her), but now all of a sudden if I go racing this weekend she's done with me...makes it sound like it's the worst thing in the world I could possibly be doing. I think it's pretty shitty on her part to give me an ultimatum to say choose racing or me. Needless to say, I'm leaving in the morning to head to the track. Am I just being a selfish dickhead or what? Just wanted some input from outside sources.

RitcheyRch
    Why is it that SOME women always try to change us guys.

Wizard29
    Granted this is only one side of the story, but if it is all true, then I'd take your side.
    If she knew boat racing was your thing when you got together, then that's part of the package. If she didn't like it and knew she wouldn't accept it in the future, then she never should have taken this much of an interest in you.
    It's been said that guys get together with girls hoping they won't change. Girls get together with guys hoping they will.
    And by the way, if you were to bend on this one at this point, it'll be all downhill from there. Give an inch, take a mile sort of thing.

MRS FLYIN VEE
    I think you are doing the right thing by going. If she can't handle dealing with something you love to do then she has a problem. Also have you asked her to participate in some way? If not maybe she would be more open minded if she could help or do something to help . Just my .02

fatboy95
    Never give up what you enjoy for a chick. Have fun at the track and before you know it....a very fine mature lady will enter your life.

axkiker
    Just lie and tell her shes right and that you are not going to race any more. Nail her on more time friday night then get up saturday AM and say hey guess what. I lied get the f#@k out of my bed beotch im going racing.
    women = crazy

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    If it's not a birthday, anniversary, family reunion, class reunion or something big, then she is being unreasonable. If she just doesn't want you to go for no particular reason, then she is the a$$hole. However, if there is something else that is important to her that is going on, then I can't say without more of the story.

photo chick
    Dump her! If she doesn't like racing it'll never work, not sure why she dated you in the beginning if she didn't want you to race. Sounds like she's a control freak. I would never ask a man to change...especially something he loved to do no matter how dangerous it is. Maybe she's jealous of your boat!:jawdrop:
    Go racing, meet someone new and never call her again, make her eat her ultimatum

This is the reason I don't have a woman in my life. All the ones I meet, the first thing that comes out of there mouth is "Get Rid Of The Boats". If she can't appreciate what you like to do for fun and won't share that with you then tell her to take a hike

adjones419
    I think that she might be jealous a bit, I do spend a lot of time working on my boat and she has a hard time dealing with that. I invite her to go, and when she finally decides to go she pouts the whole time and is in a pissy mood...makes me feel guilty for even being in the boat. So I think the right decision has been made about the split, just wanted some closure on the issue. Thanks a lot everyone, and you can bet I'll have fun at the race this weekend!

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast