Thread: Dude in wheelchair goes for a ride (must ride)

Angry Inch
    http://woodtv.images.worldnow.com/im...623359_BG2.jpg
    http://woodtv.images.worldnow.com/im...623359_BG4.jpg
    Man in wheelchair takes ride on semi's grill
    Updated: June 7, 2007 01:30 PM PDT
    Pictures are courtesy State Police Trooper Mark Kassuba
    PAW PAW -- The Michigan State Police Paw Paw Post and Van Buren County Central Dispatch began receiving strange reports of a man in a wheelchair being pushed by a semi truck on Wednesday afternoon.
    The truck collided with wheelchair as the vehicle was leaving a gas station and 22-year-old Ben Carpenter of Alamo was crossing the road. The wheelchair's handles became lodged in the front grill of the truck. The unwitting truck driver then proceeded to travel west on Red Arrow Highway at speeds of approximately 50 mph.
    Police initially thought the report might have been a prank until they started receiving more reports of the situation.
    The truck traveled for an estimated four miles unknowingly pushing the man in the wheelchair. The driver then pulled into the Ralph Moyle Trucking Company, which owned the truck, with wheelchair and Carpenter still attached. When troopers arrived, they discovered Carpenter in the wheelchair was unharmed and unfazed by the incident.
    Police approached the driver and advised him of the man in the wheelchair. The driver did not believe them until he stepped out of the truck and saw Carpenter still sitting in the chair.
    Carpenter said, "It was quite a ride."
    One trooper on the scene said, "You could work another 90 years in law enforcement and never see something like this."
    Everybody said they are just glad no one was injured.
    One day after his harrowing ride, Carpenter is telling the story he will never forget. He says he wasn't convinced he was going to make it before the smoking tires on the motorized wheelchair finally gave out.
    "I was probably thinking that this is going to keep going and not stop anywhere, 50 or 60 miles somewhere," he told 24 Hour News 8. "What if I end up in South Haven? I mean, I would have been dead way before that."
    911 Call:
    http://woodtv.triton.net/news/phoner...11multiple.mp3
    Link to story:
    http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6623359

RiverDave
    Amazing to me that people called the cops instead of trying to flag down the truck driver and get him to pull over.
    RD

duner21
    wow thats all i can say. Thank god he wasnt hurt!

Angry Inch
    Amazing to me that people called the cops instead of trying to flag down the truck driver and get him to pull over.
    RD
    Did you listen to the call? There was a lady chasing him down....
    HAHHAHAHAAHA I'm going to hell.

Cigalert
    RD
    Maybe those people who called the cops were Home Depot employees and thought it was just someone shoplifting.

Nord
    lmao!! I just took a break from doing the yard. Poor guy. Thank god the driver wasn't on a long haul:devil:

lucky
    and he's sporting the old school dr pepper t -- I think we found a new thilla sport

Racey
    I'd have shit myself and said a hail mary.

78Eliminator
    That's unreal. The guy actually sounds like it didn't shake him up too bad.

Angry Inch
    lmao!! I just took a break from doing the yard. Poor guy. Thank god the driver wasn't on a long haul:devil:
    Don't act like your working or anything nord.