Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can I launch at Site 6?

Magic34
    I just called the LHC Marina to see where I could launch my "silent" 37' Formula cruiser. I said silent because the only way I know if the motors are even are is to look at the tach gauges, you cant hear a thing.
    I called to see if they had any slips, which there are none, then I asked if I could launch. I was told it is way too long.
    I then nicely asked where they would suggest is the best place I launch my boat. I was told Site 6 would be their recommendation.
    I know I cant launch at Site 6. Could I do it, yes, put pulling out 21,500# on that ramp seems impossible.
    I thought it is BS to try and get me to launch there. F you marina for your horrible advice! Great service you are doing for the city.

Jordy
    Let me know if you're going to 6 as I'll drive out to watch that one!!!
    What a bunch of jackasses. I've seen bigger boats, length wise anyway, launch there. You just must not know the secret handshake.

Jyruiz
    That sucks, can't you launch from Windsor, north ramp?

shippingguy
    I just called the LHC Marina to see where I could launch my "silent" 37' Formula cruiser. I said silent because the only way I know if the motors are even are is to look at the tach gauges, you cant hear a thing.
    I called to see if they had any slips, which there are none, then I asked if I could launch. I was told it is way too long.
    I then nicely asked where they would suggest is the best place I launch my boat. I was told Site 6 would be their recommendation.
    I know I cant launch at Site 6. Could I do it, yes, put pulling out 21,500# on that ramp seems impossible.
    I thought it is BS to try and get me to launch there. F you marina for your horrible advice! Great service you are doing for the city.
    You will be able to launch from Windsor north ramp no problem. I forget who it is, but the guy who has the condo in the channel that has the Skater also has your same boat and he launched and retrieved both of those there when I was out in October when it was REALLY WINDY.

OutCole'd
    Let me know if you're going to 6 as I'll drive out to watch that one!!!
    Me too...
    How about the Nautical? Sure you could launch there, but retrieving is another deal. That ramp is steep & SLICK!

Magic34
    I plan on using the Nautical and then Windsor as a last resort. I know I could launch either place, actually Windsor may be safer than the Nautical.
    I just cant believe that they would tell someone to use Site 6 with a boat my size.
    When I asked him which to use, I was tolad Site 6 or Widsor, but then he said Site 6 would be a better place and it's free.
    Let's see, I have a 37' boat, so "free" is important? I just wish people were smarter than they are.
    I sure wish Ron and Jerry could work something out and build the ultimate marina. Between the 2 of them, they have enough $$ to buy the entire city, let alone put up a marina.

Magic34
    Me too...
    How about the Nautical? Sure you could launch there, but retrieving is another deal. That ramp is steep & SLICK!
    If it is slick, it will pull me in. It does a good job helping that truck down the ramp.

Havasu Hangin'
    NO!
    You may be able to launch...but forget retrieving it! (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92547)
    Windsor is much easier.

Baja Big Dog
    Me too...
    BALLER!!!

Magic34
    By the way, I modified the Nautical's ramp late last year. It was with the use of a special tool, and after about 10 mintues, I had pushed an 8' wide path of rocks further down about 6' from where they started.
    You should also thank 40FlatDeck for his drive guard being that special tool and his power stroke producing the umph to get them push deeper. When I pulled the trailer out, it had rocks about 1' high on the back of trialer's diamond palte.
    I have spent a ton of time on the Nautical ramp, including in the water walking the end of the ramp. There is a big hole in the middle with sand bags and rocks trying to fill it.
    If the Nautical charged each guest an additional $5 who use the ramp, in less than 1 year, they would have more than enough funds to fix the ramp.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast