Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need new seats

summerlove
    Hey Brent:
    I wish I NEVER sold my 20'. I regret that decision every day....that's the reason I bought the flatbottom - I wanted the smaller boat for "excursions" without the kids. If you can swing it, keep the 20 - your's is really nice. Believe me, you'll regret it. I sold it for the $...wish I never did. God, I miss that old boat....But, on the other hand, buy (or restore) a 24. My wife loves it, and it is a much nicer ride than the smaller version. In a year or two, the extra $ won't have made a difference. Trust me.
    Rick

SPECTRABRENT
    Summerlove,
    I would like to keep my 20 foot, but I need $$$ for my project. We just got back from Parker and I can not believe how rough the water got. I can not wait to get my 24 in the water. The river sure is not like the old days.
    Brent

spectras only
    Brent,once you going to use your 24 footer ,you may not want to go back to the 20 footer.Your 24 will handle tugboat wakes with ease.Old Rigger mentioned that, he's interested in your 24. And RiverDave, what happened?

SPECTRABRENT
    Spectrasonly,
    Everybodys is interested, but thats about it. I really want to sell my 20 footers and totaly restore the 24 Footer. I had a guy drive my Yellow 20 @ Parker this past weekend and he seemed to like it. I think that boat is a steel for $12,000.00. The Motor and Exhaust cost $8,000.00. Most guys would rather put the money down on a $40,000.00 rig and make the payments for the rest of thier life.
    SpectraBrent

spectras only
    Did you try putting it in the BoatTrader ?

SPECTRABRENT
    I am putting it the Trader this week.
    Brent

HAVASANGER
    I HAVE A 78 SANGER HYDRO THAT HAD THE ORIGINAL SETUP LIKE YOURS. THE FRONT SEATS WERE SO FAR FORWARD THAT MY KNEES WERE UP AROUND MY CHIN. I FOUND A SET OF TAKEOUT BUCKETS FROM AN ELIMINATOR THAT FIT PERFECTLY IN THE SPACE SIDE TO SIDE, AND WAS ABLE TO SET THEM BACK AROUND THE V-DRIVE FOR MORE ROOM.CHECK WITH BOAT UPHOLSTERY SHOPS FOR ANY TAKE-OUT SEAT THEY MAY HAVE AROUND.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12