Thread: Electric water pump

River Rat 005
    Is anyone running one on a hydro? If so, what make and where to get one. This is for drag race only.
    Tim

wsuwrhr
    Meziere
    I am running a WP137 pump.
    Single -12 in double -10 out.
    meziere.com (http://www.meziere.com/index.php?pgName=Remote)

wsuwrhr
    American made, all billet pump, real quality shiz.

River Rat 005
    Which one? I'm looking to hook it up to the pick up on the rudder. Will this work? I'm needing it to cool the engine while driving back to the ramp.

wsuwrhr
    Which one? I'm looking to hook it up to the pick up on the rudder. Will this work? I'm needing it to cool the engine while driving back to the ramp.
    I went back afterwords and relisted the URL and which pump I used.

RUSSO
    Will this work in a lake boat too??My boat only cools when its movin pretty good..Price??

wsuwrhr
    Will this work in a lake boat too??My boat only cools when its movin pretty good..Price??
    It will work parfect Marty, I went over with Mesiere's tech and he said this was the way to go.
    I had no interest in running a water pump on the V-drive boat. Electric is the way to go.
    I don't remember exactly, a couple hundred or less I think. I think that was for the fittings too, since they aren't included AND some of the fittings are modified AN so they are proprietary. Anyway they were reasonable priced.
    Meziere's retail price is more than Summit(phuckers), so I just ordered it from Summit and had it drop-shipped since they are in Corona or something like that.

River Rat 005
    Brian, Thanks for the link. I'm looking at the WP136S. It has a single out let and it would plum right into my system. I have a check valve in my inlet line to keep the water in the engine. With this pump, would it still need the check valve?
    Tim

wsuwrhr
    Brian, Thanks for the link. I'm looking at the WP136S. It has a single out let and it would plum right into my system. I have a check valve in my inlet line to keep the water in the engine. With this pump, would it still need the check valve?
    Tim
    You are welcome.
    WP136 is basically the same, just with one outlet and a fixed base.
    I would guess if you are only using the pump on the return lane, then yes, in my opinion, you should still use it.
    Brian