Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flights to Hawaii

wsuwrhr
    A good friend of mine just finished renovating his house in Hawaii. He gave me first dibs to stay in it before he starts renting it out. He said we can leave as soon as we want and stay for as long as we want. A week or two would be all I could afford anyway, but the offer rocks.
    Sweet!!!
    What is the best way to get deals on airfare for 2-4 adults?
    Weekend-midweek-redeye, whatever it takes.
    I am sure enough HB peeps have been to the big island to give up some travel tips.
    Flying into Hilo from either Ontario(preferred) or LAX, Burbank or wherever.
    I have never been off the continent and never flew over water.
    Crazy!!!
    Brian

Ziggy
    Flying Aloha out of John Wayne has always been the best deal we've found...this year we flew from San Diego for the same price.
    Directs may be limited to Hilo, but the drive from Kona to Hilo isn't too bad though, and is scenic no matter which way you take.
    I do believe Aloha may have some flights from ONT as well....
    do yourself a favor and avoid flights that need a transfer in Honolulu or Maui, those are often late, alway heard people moaning about that.
    I love the big island..............do not pass the chance to go expore Vocano's National Park, fancinating beyond.

zudnic
    Find Alaska/Horizon Airlines usely has the best short notice web special deals. If you left tomorrow two week stay $1,682.22 Economy seats and rental car included, package price is for two adults. For example..

OverKill
    My wife and I were married on the Big Island in June of 2005. Let me tell you this if your 6'3" like I am. Don't sit in the middle of three seats on a 6 hour flight. You will be cramped and pretty much eating your shoulders. Also if you like to drink alcohol like I do, ask to sit on an isle seat. It makes it easier to get to the bathroom.
    We used expedia.com and got a great rate, that was flying out of Phoenix then to LAX then to the Big Island. We did use Delta Airlines to get there and I tell you this for some extra cash. Fly First Class.
    Couple things you have to do. First you have to go Para Sailing. Look up UFO Para Sailing when you get there, we went 1200 feet and I tell ya the peace and quiet up there is unforgetable. Also not expensive. A great place to eat is, Panco's and Lefty's, and the Hard Rock Cafe. Alway's a party there at night. If your looking for a real nice place to eat try the Four Seasons resort, the view of the ocean is priceless. Well thats all I can think of at the moment. I will rethink everything outside of our hotel room LOL and post up later.

Ziggy
    The view at sunset from the 4 Seasons Hualalai....... http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1181507900

Ziggy
    Sand court next to HardRock cafe.....guess the girls were interested in the boys down there and snapped this pic..
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1181508175

imbndvs
    Check Hawaiian Airlines. Good prices, GREAT service and they have newer planes that are much nicer than anyone else and if you fly coach, its like flying business class on any other airline. Sign up for a Hawaiian airlines frequent flyer number and when you sign in under your number they take $10.00 of each round trip airfare.

R.A.D.man
    What is the best way to get deals on airfare for 2-4 adults?
    Brian
    I can save you a solid 25% if I am one of those 4 adults.

Baja Big Dog
    Look out for the scams, Make sure you get a non-stop flight!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast