Thread: impeller choices????

CMZRACING
    just wanted to see what you guys would do... getting ready to rebuild my berk jg with a A2. currently running an A, top speed 71mph at 5300rpm. going witha A2 im thinking its going to drop to about 63mph and hold around 4800-4900. with a B cut, maybe 76mph and about 5600-5700rpm. does this sound about right? nothing is going to be done to the motor, just a pump rebuild. thanks guys

Squirtin Thunder
    just wanted to see what you guys would do... getting ready to rebuild my berk jg with a A2. currently running an A, top speed 71mph at 5300rpm. going witha A2 im thinking its going to drop to about 63mph and hold around 4800-4900. with a B cut, maybe 76mph and about 5600-5700rpm. does this sound about right? nothing is going to be done to the motor, just a pump rebuild. thanks guys
    CMZ,
    If nothing is going to add power to the engine you may loose a few mph with the "A2", but if you go with a "B" you may pick up some mph and gain rpm. Send it to me and I will exchange it for you.

If your pump was loose or had a tired impeller, your may gain some speed, with the AA, but it all depends where you made peak power. 5300 rpm's is a good rpm to be running with an A impeller, have you considered stay with it? You may find more speed with the tighter pump
    Sleek

CMZRACING
    yea the guy i bought the boat from said he hadnt touched the pump in the 12 years he owned the boat, so i figured its time to rebuild. maybe i should just with an A. hey squirtin thunder, pm me your address and i'll send you the AA and just swap me for a new A. thanks again

CMZRACING
    thanks, i'll send it to ya this week.

Cole1313
    CMZ,
    If nothing is going to add power to the engine you may loose a few mph with the "A2", but if you go with a "B" you may pick up some mph and gain rpm. Send it to me and I will exchange it for you.
    Damn, that is really cool of you. Do you deal in props?? I wanted to try a 3 blade vs. 4 blade for the tow boat?

Squirtin Thunder
    Damn, that is really cool of you. Do you deal in props?? I wanted to try a 3 blade vs. 4 blade for the tow boat?
    I learned that from Mike "Rexone" !!!