Thread: Legend Jet Drives

hilljackian
    Hello,
    I am a recreational whitewater boat enthusiast new to the forum. Most of the guys running whitewater run Hamilton's so I rarely get to talk to anyone who turn wrenches the 'white pumps' like I have.
    Can any of you guys enlighten me as to the subtle differences between a Legend pump and some of the others? More specifically, I am thinking of changing my impeller to an 'A2' from a 'A' and I've noticed that the 'A2' Berk. impellers are listed at 9" dia. and the Legend 'A2' is listed at 9.25" dia. Will the Berk. fit in the Legend? If, so what is the performance difference between 9" & 9.25"?
    I want to know for the sake of interchange-ability (like can I use an American Turbine or a Berk. 'A2' in my Legend).
    Thanks!

Why not just stay with a legend, They are very nice cast impellers, and they are right in line with the others as far as prices too. Legend Jet drives (http://www.legendjet.com/)
    Sleek

Aluminum Squirt
    Hey HJ, I run a Legend in a white water boat and love it. You must hang out with a bunch of Spint guys? My boat was actually marketed as a sprint boat but I have it set up for white water, and at 15', its a little big for sprinting. Unfortunately, I'm not much of a pump guy so I'm not going to be of much help on your techinical questions. There are many knowledgable people here or if you want to get a little more specific info regarding the white water boats with a Legend pumps, go over to the Eagle racing forum.
    Just out of curiousity, what hull are you running? Is it the "Jetcraft Sprint"? Mine is, I've been told it was actually made by Eagle (now Outlae/Eagle) in Canada but marketed by Jetcraft here in the states. I've gutted mine, put on a race nozzle and full cage. Runs pretty well usually, although I'm in the market for a new ZZ4 sometime, hopefully soon, to get me back running in FX-Aluminum Squirt

hilljackian
    SLEEKCRAFTER:
    If I buy new I will buy a Legend brand impeller, my question was more to the point of finding out what my old impeller will fit into so I can sell it.
    ALUMINUM SQUIRT:
    I didn't mean to sound like I was a whitewater racer, I run whitewater and fish/hunt for fun. My boat is fast (relatively speaking) but it's set up for hauling all my gear into Hell's Canyon or some remote hunting spot. The hull is very similiar to an Outlaw hull with a 7/16" 'ironing-board' in the center and 1/4" wings.

SLEEKCRAFTER:
    If I buy new I will buy a Legend brand impeller, my question was more to the point of finding out what my old impeller will fit into so I can sell it.
    ALUMINUM SQUIRT:
    I didn't mean to sound like I was a whitewater racer, I run whitewater and fish/hunt for fun. My boat is fast (relatively speaking) but it's set up for hauling all my gear into Hell's Canyon or some remote hunting spot. The hull is very similiar to an Outlaw hull with a 7/16" 'ironing-board' in the center and 1/4" wings.
    They can be cut to a smaller size if you would like, for little moneys
    Sleek