Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: My kid is smoking pot..........

rmarion
    the alcohol was his statement.......... I will be dealing with that very quickly. There will be NO DRINKING BY MINORS IN MY HOUSE.
    one day at a time...........

CARLSON-JET
    the alcohol was his statement.......... I will be dealing with that very quickly. There will be NO DRINKING BY MINORS IN MY HOUSE.
    You're doing great... One can only do as much as one can do.. I have an old expression.. Choose your battles wisely. It's really great he is going to college and is employed. If he respects your opinion I feel that is monumental. Good luck, I'm rooting for the both of you.

ULTRA26 # 1
    With all due respect, drinking outside the house is no better or no more legal for a 19 y/o, than pot. If your son, starts drinking more, and chooses to get behind the wheel after he has been drinking, the consequences could be devastating. Much more so than any involvement with smoking pot. Also, someone here commented earlier, that if you are going to drug test your son, it would be proper for you to drug test the rest of your employees as well. I couldn't agree with this statement more. Not doing so suggests a duel standard which will likely result in rebellion from your boy
    Your the parent here and you have to do what you believe is right, and everyone should respect your rights and perceived duties as a parent. However, speaking as someone who has been through everything you are dealing with, I believe that your position regarding your 19 y/o drinking must be equal to your 19 y/o Son smoking pot. Treating the pot issue with more vigor, could easily be interpreted your acceptance of your 19 y/o drinking.
    Whatever case, this is a tough situation that must be handled carefully and with love.
    John M

lucky
    What about masterbation in your house lol -

zudnic
    WTF.... "No drinking by minors in my house"...... He is 19.... not twelve.
    What Province are you in? Thing I hated most about being 50/50 between Canada and the USA was the 21 drinking age. That and Americans tend to treat under 21 like you are twelve. Canadians tend to be much more mature when under 21 over American kids. In Canada when friends hit 21 had to beg them to go out to bars with me...........
    My neighbors in Nevada came over to tell my parents they saw me drinking beer while Mommy and Daddy where away... I was 19 at the time.... I knew 20 year old American kids that got charged with MIP's for being caught drinking, I was like whats that. Minor In Possession still think thats ridiculous.

Boatlesss
    Is it that big of a deal to you?
    It's your house and it's your company so you have every right to kick him out of the house and fire him.
    Really though, it's friggen pot! Why is it such a big deal? It's a only a matter of time before it's legal. Hell, In So-Cal you can actually now buy pot at clinics legally.
    I take it you are a H.S. Councilor? Talk about being codependent.
    If its for you then its for you, but at the same time you have to show that respect to those it is not for.
    This guy obviously does not want his kid on Pot or any other drugs, probably including alcohol.

rmarion
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions......good & poor...
    BTW,
    As an Employer, I do have fulltime employees prior to employment complete a Drug and lift assestment test. Our temporary employee's we do not drug test. My son fell thru the crack, due to originally working only P/T (plus, I had my head in the sand, and was afraid to find out the truth. The truth hurts)
    I don't condone alcohol or under age drinking either (is the legal drinking age in Arizona 18 or 19????).
    Reg: Pot vs. Alcohol, that subject can be debated forever.
    theres to much liability with our currant sue happy socitiy.
    (case in point,
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Mrs. Grazinski purchased a
    brand new 32-foot Winnebago motor home. On her first
    trip home, an OU football game), having driven onto
    the freeway, she set the cruise control at 70 mph and
    calmly left the driver's seat to go into the back &
    make herself a sandwich.
    Not surprisingly, the RV left the freeway, crashed and
    overturned. Mrs. Grazinski sued Winnebago for not
    advising her in the owner's manual that she couldn't
    actually do this. The jury awarded her $1,750,000 plus
    a new motor home.
    The company actually changed their manuals on the
    basis of this suit,
    just in case there are any other complete morons out
    there.:jawdrop: )
    Reg: Masturbation, it's allowed and incouraged in my home and highly suggested. Thats what I tell my bride of 26 years everynight, got some in the jacuzzi last night.
    So far things are quiet on the home front. My son, asked if it's not to late to attend our yearly Hawaii vacation with us, as of last week he declined to attend.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions......good & poor...
    BTW,
    As an Employer, I do have fulltime employees prior to employment complete a Drug and lift assestment test. Our temporary employee's we do not drug test. My son fell thru the crack, due to originally working only P/T (plus, I had my head in the sand, and was afraid to find out the truth. The truth hurts)
    I don't condone alcohol or under age drinking either (is the legal drinking age in Arizona 18 or 19????).
    Reg: Pot vs. Alcohol, that subject can be debated forever.
    theres to much liability with our currant sue happy socitiy.
    (case in point,
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Mrs. Grazinski purchased a
    brand new 32-foot Winnebago motor home. On her first
    trip home, an OU football game), having driven onto
    the freeway, she set the cruise control at 70 mph and
    calmly left the driver's seat to go into the back &
    make herself a sandwich.
    Not surprisingly, the RV left the freeway, crashed and
    overturned. Mrs. Grazinski sued Winnebago for not
    advising her in the owner's manual that she couldn't
    actually do this. The jury awarded her $1,750,000 plus
    a new motor home.
    The company actually changed their manuals on the
    basis of this suit,
    just in case there are any other complete morons out
    there.:jawdrop: )
    Reg: Masturbation, it's allowed and incouraged in my home and highly suggested. Thats what I tell my bride of 26 years everynight, got some in the jacuzzi last night.
    So far things are quiet on the home front. My son, asked if it's not to late to attend our yearly Hawaii vacation with us, as of last week he declined to attend.
    Really glad to hear that things are looking up. The drinking age in AZ is 21.
    BTW, I've heard the motor home story in the past. Hard to believe.
    Take care
    John M

Tom Brown
    What Province are you in?
    He's in Nunavut. Don't listen to him.
    I advocate violence as a solution to all family related problems.

Boatlesss
    I advocate violence as a solution to all family related problems.
    Finally a level headed person I can relate to.
    Being a former beaten child, I can attest it works!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112