Thread: Stereo is on but no sound?

Mike K
    This is weird. I was on my pontoon boat last week-end and the stereo was working fine. I remember turning down the volume with the round knob , then I went back to turn it up ...but no volume ... no nothing .. I checked the connections on the back of the radio and they are all in there tight ... all speaker wire connections are good too ... it is as if the volume knob gears got so hot in the sun , that they stripped and the volume can't be brought up ... but I know that probably isn't the problem ... so no sound but the radio is on with the grahics working etc? Any advice before I bring it to Frank?

707dog
    hey bro not knockin ya chit..but if you have a knobed radio might be time for a upgrade like i said not knockin it cause i got when in the bass boat also and i tell myself every time we go fishing its time ...its time!

STV_Keith
    Do you have an amp? Is it on? Remote wire? Fuse/circuit breaker?
    707, my new Alpine has a knob.

phebus
    Take it over to Car Toyz. If it is something very simple, they'll take care of you and just send you on your way.
    Great shop with great customer service.
    Oh, before you go, make sure the batteries are charged. It may be as simple as low voltage. The amps will shut down at low voltage, but the head unit will still power up.

707dog
    Damned knobbed radios
    http://www.alpine-usa.com/images/pro...s/ida-x001.jpg
    ok you win!! the knob radio is back with a much better look...

Mike K
    Thanks for the advice. I got a call from Frank ... not a day later! (He did a killer system on my Eliminator) ... anyway like Phebus said ...I can just drive my pontoon boat in ...he will check it out ... no issue ... I have a feeling it's the unit itself. There isn't an amp on this set up ...just stock Tracker stuff. I need to have a mega simple radio on this boat because I loan it to my friends.

Mike K
    That's what I am thinking ... I did something like that ... it's hard to see the head display in the sun, I will look for the fader on it. It has to be something like that. Thanks