Thread: Zoomies ???

cave
    So this V-drive pulls up and sounds different. He has Zommies with mufflers in each pipe. His motor was much more quiet than my OT headers at idle. It sounds sweet. Even with the silencers on.
    Rewarder makes a bolt in muffler for the 2" Zoomies but not for the 2.5" ones. Anyone with a blown motor running 2" Zoomies? I was told to run 2.5" with a blower.
    I know, Zoomies, Mufflers, they just dont go hand in hand but you had to of heard these little silencers on this engine. He cruised rite by the Sherriff and they didnt even flinch. I started mine and they swung around quick. The evil eyes were a burning. I shut er down till they left the area.
    Anyone make these silencers for the 2.5" Zoomies???? Rewarder & Bassett don't.

smokinjoe
    I bought some from bassett about 6 years ago for 2.5'' zoomies. they are or at least were when i bought them very cheaply made just some thin sheetmetal wrapped around the inner baffel with some fiberglass stuffed in between it. they must be run with water injected zoomies or they will burn up. even running water they dont last long at all. I would be looking at my motor when i would start it and sometimes when it would fire you could see little chunks of baffel go shooting out into the lake. they are kinda expensive to buy just to have them get trashed very quickly. the guy that sold them to me from bassett even says NO GUARANTEE! that they will last or that they will keep you from getting a ticket. but that was 6 years ago it might be different now.

BAE_557
    I've got a new set of 2.5" Zoomie baffles still in the box from Rewarder, you can have them for 70.00 + shipping.

squirt'nmyload
    I started mine and they swung around quick. The evil eyes were a burning. I shut er down till they left the area.
    was this today? where? i'm heading out to saguaro on thursday and don't feel like dealing with anything

OverKill
    was this today? where? i'm heading out to saguaro on thursday and don't feel like dealing with anything
    SML I will be at Suguaro next Friday. Think you might want to meet up. I hate boating out there aloan. Im putting on a ride plate and want to dial it before I head out to Big River. Let me know.

cave
    SML that was 2 weeks back on a Sunday. You may know the guy with the V Drive. His name is Hank and has a Yellow Sanger thats extra clean. He was out there mid day along with all the wake boats and me.
    BAE_557 do you got pictures? Email them too me if you can.

BAE_557
    Here is a picture of 2 baffles for 2.5" zoomies, I have all 8
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...affles-med.jpg

squirt'nmyload
    SML I will be at Suguaro next Friday. Think you might want to meet up. I hate boating out there aloan. Im putting on a ride plate and want to dial it before I head out to Big River. Let me know.
    thats great that you are getting out in the boat! i'll see what i can do

squirt'nmyload
    SML that was 2 weeks back on a Sunday. You may know the guy with the V Drive. His name is Hank and has a Yellow Sanger thats extra clean. He was out there mid day along with all the wake boats and me.
    BAE_557 do you got pictures? Email them too me if you can.
    oh ok.......you had me thinking they were gonna start to put the choke hold on us i do believe i've seen a nice yellow v-drive out there before but never got a chance to look at it up close.

cave
    The guys name is Hank. That Sanger is clean.