Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Belt drive

don johnson
    Need some help for a friend that is building a new motor and wants to run a Jesel belt driven camshaft but cannot figure out how to drive the cam driven Neovane water pump... Anyone out there doing that and if so how did you attach the water pump?

WannabeRacing
    If you are going to do the jesel deal, you have to use that single reverse thread bolt that goes in the center. (It is a hex head bolt available from Jesel.) There are a few companies that sell a piece of aluminum that bolt to the standard holes for a front cover, but suspend that piece of aluminum out, that you bolt your pump to. All of the guys that run injection with a cam driven fuel pump do it all of the time.
    If you are smart and do the CompCams belt drive, you bolt an enderle or pete jackson button right on the front of the unit using the same three bolts and the single cam button that you do if it were a gear drive.
    http://goodvibesracing.com/front_cov...hex_drives.htm
    Here is the button that bolts to the Comp that drives a hex drive.
    http://www.ronsfuel.com/front_covers.cfm
    Go to the bottom of this page, that is what holds a fuel pump. Just copy one with a little different center to hold your particular water pump. (As the fuel pump bolt-up and the water pump are not the same.) It just bolts with whatever spacers you choose to get that plate a certain amount away from the front cover to suspend your pump. Then match watever drive your water pump takes.

don johnson
    If you are going to do the jesel deal, you have to use that single reverse thread bolt that goes in the center. (It is a hex head bolt available from Jesel.) There are a few companies that sell a piece of aluminum that bolt to the standard holes for a front cover, but suspend that piece of aluminum out, that you bolt your pump to. All of the guys that run injection with a cam driven fuel pump do it all of the time.
    If you are smart and do the CompCams belt drive, you bolt an enderle or pete jackson button right on the front of the unit using the same three bolts and the single cam button that you do if it were a gear drive.
    http://goodvibesracing.com/front_cov...hex_drives.htm
    Here is the button that bolts to the Comp that drives a hex drive.
    http://www.ronsfuel.com/front_covers.cfm
    Go to the bottom of this page, that is what holds a fuel pump. Just copy one with a little different center to hold your particular water pump. (As the fuel pump bolt-up and the water pump are not the same.) It just bolts with whatever spacers you choose to get that plate a certain amount away from the front cover to suspend your pump. Then match watever drive your water pump takes.
    Thanks for the great info. I passed it on and they are going to go this direction!
    Take Care!

wsuwrhr
    Are you saying that you don't like the Jesel setup?
    I was curious as to why.
    Brian
    If you are smart and do the CompCams belt drive

WannabeRacing
    First of all, working with Jesel is like playing Russian roulette with five of the chambers full. Just hope and pray you do not need to call and get any customer service.
    Second of all, the endplay adjustments. With Jesel, you take the thing apart, put more/different shims in and try again. The Comp set up is superior in EVERY way. Especially the end play. It has a ratcheting feature on the front. Bolt everything up then rotate the machined plate until the thrust is perfect for your application and put bolts in to keep it there. Done.
    Unfortunately for me, the boat I am setting up last night was a Jesel. Here is a pic of a floating plate to hold the pump in place. Not a great pic, but I hope this helps.
    http://www.wannaberacing.com/sefrontcover.jpg

Murray PE 857
    I was just down this road lately. If you have a Mark 4 block you can find the plate pretty easily. Mine is a Gen 6 bowtie block and after burning up the phone I decided to make my own. Worked well.

With Jesel, you take the thing apart, put more/different shims in and try again. The Comp set up is superior in EVERY way.
    compared to the xceldyne they both suck, but the comp is way easier to install, utilizes a three bolt setup for the drive, and it's CHEAPER, screw jesel

Just hope and pray you do not need to call and get any customer service.
    Couldnt agree more, Jesels tech line is a total joke. I do everything I can to not have to call those assholes.

wsuwrhr
    As far as the shim goes can't you just check the endplay and add the
    shim-stack as necessary.
    I am just curious.
    DICLAIMER DISCLAIMER
    I am not a PROFESSIONAL ENGINE BUILDER but I do own a Jesel belt drive for my INDY motor. I am wondering what kind of headaches I get to encounter installing it.
    Brian
    First of all, working with Jesel is like playing Russian roulette with five of the chambers full. Just hope and pray you do not need to call and get any customer service.
    Second of all, the endplay adjustments. With Jesel, you take the thing apart, put more/different shims in and try again. The Comp set up is superior in EVERY way. Especially the end play. It has a ratcheting feature on the front. Bolt everything up then rotate the machined plate until the thrust is perfect for your application and put bolts in to keep it there. Done.
    Unfortunately for me, the boat I am setting up last night was a Jesel. Here is a pic of a floating plate to hold the pump in place. Not a great pic, but I hope this helps.

HONDOG
    I got my adapter from Kinsler many moons ago when Jesel was the only game in town. It has worked well for me through 3 motor combinations and is on the blown motor today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast