Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hallet 260 deck boat

go chiefs
    we are in the market for a new deck boat, we boat at loto so no beaching to speak of, and prefer at least one side boarding option if not both sides. found what sounds like a pretty good deal on a 260 hallet deck. does anyone have any experience, good or bad, they might be willing to share? thanks

selfmade
    The only advice i have is LOOK at TRIDENT

Chickenlips
    we are in the market for a new deck boat, we boat at loto so no beaching to speak of, and prefer at least one side boarding option if not both sides. found what sounds like a pretty good deal on a 260 hallet deck. does anyone have any experience, good or bad, they might be willing to share? thanks
    I live on LOTO and have a 28 foot Warlock Ultimate I haven't had any problems with any of the wakes caused by the BIG BOATS. I don't know how much 2 feet means when it comes to rough water, but if I were you I'd find out. Advantage has a dealer here, ride in one of there 26's. Then give me a call and ride in a 28. I'm sure the bottoms are close to being the same. Or ride in one of there 28's. Jim

fatboy95
    Howard.....you may have to auction off a kidney and a lung to buy it but you'll like it.

go chiefs
    chickenlips, thank-you for the offer, the wife and i would love to take you up on that if for nothing else just to get something else to compare to, as far as the advantage goes, we drove a 28 party cat with an hp500efi in it last year and to be honest hated the interior layout, ie the rear seating. the ride was ok, but our old 28' sun tech sun cat with the 225 egg beater on the back had a much better feel

Havasu_Dreamin
    I don't have any experience with the boat in terms of how it rides but it is a Hallett. However, IMHO it is fugly. Their new 285 looks much better when compared to the 260 but not by a whole lot...
    There are plenty of decks out there, some look good, some look.....well.....not so good.....Pick the one that you like the best and meets your needs and budget.....

go chiefs
    sorry, i'm kinda new at this, i don't know how to reference a post within my own, but i agree the 260 isn't the best looking and i also like the looks of the 285 much better, but it is that pesky budget thing that you touched on that is the hang up, and this one fits the all around needs and wants the best

Havasu_Dreamin
    sorry, i'm kinda new at this, i don't know how to reference a post within my own
    No worries, we were all new at this once, except for maybe Jordy and HavasuHangin. In the lower right corner of each post there is a Quote button. Just hit that on the post you want to quote and it will automatically appear within quote brackets in a reply text box. Yes, you can quote your own post if you'd like.
    but i agree the 260 isn't the best looking and i also like the looks of the 285 much better, but it is that pesky budget thing that you touched on that is the hang up, and this one fits the all around needs and wants the best
    There you go then.....The most important thing is being on the water.....

go chiefs
    No worries, we were all new at this once, except for maybe Jordy and HavasuHangin. In the lower right corner of each post there is a Quote button. Just hit that on the post you want to quote and it will automatically appear within quote brackets in a reply text box. Yes, you can quote your own post if you'd like.
    There you go then.....The most important thing is being on the water.....
    thank-you very much,
    and i agree being on the water is the most important thing

Relaxalot
    How about a 2001 Clean Carrera for 55K OBO??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast