Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My son graduated pre school today :)

ULTRA28
    Congrats. Cool pics. Thanks for sharing.

Windy
    Precious Bill.

riverracerx
    AWESOME! man how time flies. But having kids is a joy (a pain sometimes, but a real joy) Congrats to him!

Boatcop
    Nothing against you or your son, Bill. I know from experience what a big day it is when your children step up and enter a new stage in their lives. Each time makes you want to burst with pride.
    But Cap and Gown Graduation for pre-school? Then again after Kindergarten? A few years later, Graduation from elementary school. Then from Middle School, and finally the only one (so far) that really means anything. High School.
    And if they're lucky, smart and study hard, the Big Labowski. College!
    "Graduating" them from every stage of school takes away from the importance of the only one's that matter. I remember when I graduated from High School, and finally earned that Cap and Gown. It was something to work and strive for, and something I worked hard to earn.
    Maybe having an advancement ceremony, with suitable dress would suffice and give them proper recognition for advancing to the next stage of school. But when I see kids who are being "graduated" with cap and gown, simply because the teachers can't do anything more for them, and they don't fit in the desks any longer, it cheapens the real deal.
    Again, nothing to soil your happy, proud day, but I think the schools are going a bit overboard in order to try and give kids self esteem that they should work for.
    He does look cute, though.

Riverkid
    Our twins are done with Kindergarten tomorrow. Just got hot again today, so it will be a long summer...
    http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...d/DSCN2091.jpg
    This reminds me of the bridge to the desert bar...

al cole'holic
    Nothing against you or your son, Bill. I know from experience what a big day it is when your children step up and enter a new stage in their lives. Each time makes you want to burst with pride.
    But Cap and Gown Graduation for pre-school? Then again after Kindergarten? A few years later, Graduation from elementary school. Then from Middle School, and finally the only one (so far) that really means anything. High School.
    And if they're lucky, smart and study hard, the Big Labowski. College!
    "Graduating" them from every stage of school takes away from the importance of the only one's that matter. I remember when I graduated from High School, and finally earned that Cap and Gown. It was something to work and strive for, and something I worked hard to earn.
    Maybe having an advancement ceremony, with suitable dress would suffice and give them proper recognition for advancing to the next stage of school. But when I see kids who are being "graduated" with cap and gown, simply because the teachers can't do anything more for them, and they don't fit in the desks any longer, it cheapens the real deal.
    Again, nothing to soil your happy, proud day, but I think the schools are going a bit overboard in order to try and give kids self esteem that they should work for.
    He does look cute, though.
    ..I'm gonna take a long shot here but I assume it's private school...?...if that's the case I will gladly do it every year if that's the pomp & circumstance they want to do! Worth it in my opinion. Congrats it is a big step for them and from K on its GAS ON for them!!

atomickitn
    wooooooooo...whooooo very cool bill

bordsmnj
    Too cute Bill.

Linda

Thats
    Enjoy the ride..........

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast