Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bartlett lake accident June 9th 2007

Classic Daycruiser
    So who is at fault???? The driver of the boat that hit the tube?, or the driver of the boat pulling the tube?
    Who really cares....I'm reaming the driver of the tow boat.....Your a complete idiot behind the boat. You can't hide behind right away laws, when your not paying attention. Anyone getting in a boat with you behind the wheel should be fair warned. Your #1 priority should be to protect your skier from other boat traffic.
    My thoughts and prayers are with the 26 y/o girl in the hospital.
    Woman in critical condition after Bartlett Lake boating accident
    Kelsey Hazlewood
    The Arizona Republic
    Jun. 13, 2007 11:52 AM
    A boating accident on Bartlett Lake last Saturday has left a 26-year-old woman in critical condition.
    Around 2:30 p.m. on June 9, Amanda Wigal was in a tube being pulled by a boat. According to the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office, the boat that was towing Wigal made a quick turn, and another passing boat hit her.
    She was flown to Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn with serious head injuries and remains in critical condition, officials said.
    No citations were issued at the time of the accident, but the incident is under investigation to determine who is at fault and if there was alcohol involved.
    http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...nt0613-ON.html

Xlration Marine
    Yea I was out there, not on that day. I had some twit cut across in front of me. Stupid drivers not looking. And had one heading right for me. Hope she comes out of it in good shape. When your in a tube you are at the mercy of the driver and other drivers, nothing you can do to move.

Boatcop
    There isn't enough information in that article to find fault. There are a lot of factors involved, such as which way the towing boat turned, which side of the other boat struck the tube, distance between the vessels at the time, etc.
    A tuber or skier is actually an extension of the boat, as far as navigation rules, and the towing boat has no special privileges just because they are towing.
    There was a similar accident in front of Emerald Cove last week. A boat towing tubers made a sharp turn and slammed the tubers into the side of a boat heading into the beach.
    The driver of the boat going to the beach was drunk, and was arrested. But the driver of the towing boat was cited for reckless operation, as we found him at fault for the collision.
    Thank fully in this case, both people on the tube were un-injured, even though one was taken to the local hospital, and the other life-flighted to Vegas.
    They were checked out and released with no serious injuries.

Xlration Marine
    There isn't enough information in that article to find fault. There are a lot of factors involved, such as which way the towing boat turned, which side of the other boat struck the tube, distance between the vessels at the time, etc.
    A tuber or skier is actually an extension of the boat, as far as navigation rules, and the towing boat has no special privileges just because they are towing.
    There was a similar accident in front of Emerald Cove last week. A boat towing tubers made a sharp turn and slammed the tubers into the side of a boat heading into the beach.
    The driver of the boat going to the beach was drunk, and was arrested. But the driver of the towing boat was cited for reckless operation, as we found him at fault for the collision.
    Thank fully in this case, both people on the tube were un-injured, even though one was taken to the local hospital, and the other life-flighted to Vegas.
    They were checked out and released with no serious injuries.
    Question: don't side step it eather.
    What ever happened to Coony when the guest of his fell out of the boat and didn't come home alive. You know the local NBC 12 Coony. I'm thinking a big broom and a whole lot of money took care of that issue.

AZJD
    Question: don't side step it eather.
    What ever happened to Coony when the guest of his fell out of the boat and didn't come home alive. You know the local NBC 12 Coony. I'm thinking a big broom and a whole lot of money took care of that issue.
    Lin Sue Cooney?

91nordic29
    Her husband.

91nordic29
    Her husband was the driver of the boat.

Jordy
    Lin Sue Cooney?
    Her husband.
    As I recall, and I haven't thought about that deal for a while, they found that there was contributory negligence as the guy who drown was drunk as well. It did just kind of disappear though. :idea:

91nordic29
    Case Information
    Case Number 0710CR-0201198 Judge Keegan
    Case Type Justice Criminal Location N/A
    File Date 5/29/2002
    Party Information
    Party Name Rel Sex Attorney
    (2) State Of Arizona Plaintiff N/A Justice Court County Attorney
    Sean Givan Cooney Defendant Male LAWRENCE KAZAN
    Case Calendar
    There are no calendar events on file
    Judgments
    There are no judgments on file
    kinda strange that there isnt more activity on this case.

AZJD
    Her husband.
    As I recall, and I haven't thought about that deal for a while, they found that there was contributory negligence as the guy who drown was drunk as well. It did just kind of disappear though. :idea:
    Oh, I see!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast