Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: quistion about a hull

jet guy
    I have a 69 tahiti is this a good hull I like to go skiing and going fast but I dont race (much) so is the hull a good one I like the why it looks but is it worth spending money on

JR131
    it really depends on which model that you bought post some picts of the side,the front, the front, then check the bottom down the keel to see if it has a suction cup on it "not good" then your questions can be better answered
    jr

jet guy
    32866 these are the pics i have do they help? i can get more if needed i think the model is a tiger

JR131
    keep it as a skii boat dont spend alot of money on it (because you will not recover the moneys spent when you go to sell it)keep it for pretty much pleasure only, if you try to put any kind of horse power in this particular style hull the boat "could and would" become a little dangerous due to the deep forfoot bow
    have fun
    jr

jet guy
    what is unsafe about this and what kind of trouble will it give and will a 454 or 502 be a waste of money it has an olds now i plan on keeping the boat for awhile

76ANTHONY
    what is unsafe about this and what kind of trouble will it give and will a 454 or 502 be a waste of money it has an olds now i plan on keeping the boat for awhile
    well if it comes with an olds use it till it blows up. then see if it handles like you want. just my .02. just dont bring it up over 4500 rpm's cause that olds will blow quicker than shizzle...

JR131
    oh by all means no that wil not a problem my bad most people when they talk about adding power to the motor they want to add a big camshaft,dual carbs more compression so on and so on you will be fine

jet guy
    Im thinkin a 454 with 2 4s on a tunnal ram but would like to have the hull xrayed for cracks before the chevy is this something anyone can do or should I take it to someone speciel

76ANTHONY
    Im thinkin a 454 with 2 4s on a tunnal ram but would like to have the hull xrayed for cracks before the chevy is this something anyone can do or should I take it to someone speciel
    you might want to get your local marine shop to check your boat for you. and is the tunnel ram gonna be for looks? or for speed?

jet guy
    I would like to go fast sometimes so I guess both but also to look cool

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast