Thread: What's worked

Well I need some input. I have a stainless impeller and a stuffer and I was wondering if it would be worth it to put this stuff on or should I look for other items that would yeild better performance. What has worked for you guys and are there any adverse affects with puttin these things on seeing as how I dont have a ton of power.
    I will be taking notes.

Squirtin Thunder
    A stuffer will help any rage of powered jet. The Stainless is a great impeller run since you have it. The question is, is the cut proper for your power range, if not the make the choice, cut it down or save it and get another impeller that better fits your needs right now.

it the same as the aluminum one in it "A"

Squirtin Thunder
    http://www2.***boat.com/forums/custo...12896_5.gifThe Stainless will not flex as much, and you can abuse it much more.

Rondane
    What has worked for you guys and are there any adverse affects with puttin these things on seeing as how I dont have a ton of power.
    I will be taking notes.
    Why use the stainless if you dont have alot of power? Are you going bigger in the future? Sell it and spend your money elsewhere(diverter, loader, intake, carb, etc) if you dont already have them and just use an aluminum. Money better spent. Same with a stuffer. I would think with the extra weight of a stainless it would slow you down somewhat with small power anyways.

HOSS
    http://www2.***boat.com/forums/custo...tar12896_5.gif
    Abuse what?
    I have a very strong urge to bite that!

Why use the stainless if you dont have alot of power? Are you going bigger in the future? Sell it and spend your money elsewhere(diverter, loader, intake, carb, etc) if you dont already have them and just use an aluminum. Money better spent. Same with a stuffer. I would think with the extra weight of a stainless it would slow you down somewhat with small power anyways.
    joo f**kin kiddeen me mang . I picked up the impeller for $100 and another 454 for $200 so power will be added. The main reason I asked is that when ever I decide to do a simple tear down , I turn it into a can of worms but I guess I'll be OK since my jg just got redone in the spring and powder coated. It already has a shoe , ride plate , berkley snoot , and a diverter was installed in june. So I want to get the most out of the pump before I try and sqeeze some more out of the motor.

victorfb
    the SS impeller is a definate plus especially if you plan to boast more hp in the near future. i dont think youll notice and lack of performance from the added wieght of the SS but possibly from the efficiency it may add. stock aluminum impellers are not the best castings and without having them detailed, are inferior to the SS. that being said, id highly recommmend you have an expert look at the SS impeller before you make any decisions. $100 for a SS impeller is rediculously cheap and leads me to believe you either bought if from a crack head who needs a fix, or someone wanted to unload a piece of crap. i could be wrong here, but id still have it checked out by someone who knows.

I got the impeller from a guy at the pomona swapmeet that had a ton of jet boat parts and seemed pretty honest. It was in the box and he said he got it for free. I'm gonna see how long it'll take to have this stuff installed and see what happens.