Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any High End Rv Mechanics on Board..??

LuckyStrike
    Just Picked up a new 40 pusher with Basement Air...I need some help..
    The F,,,ing thing wont go below 86 F right now Ambiant is 110 and roof temp is F..ing HOT 128+++ the Thermo is @ 76F is this Normal...Is the Freon the same as Cars/Trucks or would this be a Small Home Unit???
    My Question is..Is There a Way of Producing COLDER AIR out of this Unit Regardless of Home/AUTO AIR...?????

Jordy
    Again??? I'd take it back to Earnhardt's and cover it with gas, set it on fire, just to give them a demonstration of how cold the air gets. :devil:

LuckyStrike
    Again??? I'd take it back to Earnhardt's and cover it with gas, set it on fire, just to give them a demonstration of how cold the air gets. :devil:
    No It Was Not Earnhardts...The FRENCH/CANADIANS... No Diss TOM BROWN..LOL
    I Have Loads Of ONTARIO And Western Canadian Friends ...THE F-Canadians Run A Different Way Their WAY...F-----THEM

catman-do
    Depending on which AC units you have. In a 40 you should have to 15,000's. Generally the roof top/ floor units are good for about a 20 degree ambient drop in temps for about 180-200 sq feet (can varry depending on roof height). Remember that just because you have the vents in the floor doesnt mean that it will be a whole lot cooler. The only real difference is the ducts running through the floor (which is assumed that the floor will be cooler than the roof). The unit itself is still on the roof. Our 40 foot trailer will get into the mid 70's on a 105 degree day with both units on.

TCHB
    Are both air units running loaded up??

LuckyStrike
    Depending on which AC units you have. In a 40 you should have to 15,000's. Generally the roof top/ floor units are good for about a 20 degree ambient drop in temps for about 180-200 sq feet (can varry depending on roof height). Remember that just because you have the vents in the floor doesnt mean that it will be a whole lot cooler. The only real difference is the ducts running through the floor (which is assumed that the floor will be cooler than the roof). The unit itself is still on the roof. Our 40 foot trailer will get into the mid 70's on a 105 degree day with both units on.
    This Is Basement Ducked to the Roof/Ceiling:idea:

LuckyStrike
    Are both air units running loaded up??
    I Dont Understand??

AZKC
    Being 110* might have something to do with it, it can only cool air so much.
    Now using Jordys idea may cause a little rise in outside temps, but it does have merit

RiverToysJas
    AJ, Spend more time outside in the 110degree heat....then when you go back inside, the 86 will feel nice and cool!!! .......I know this because my trailer hoovers about 90 in the peak of summer heat.....still feels good when you've been in the 115+ all day though.
    RTJas

DMOORE
    I've got a 43 ft coach, and when it's 110 plus I run all 3 units. 2 units have a hard time when it's that hot.
    Darrell.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast