Thread: rubber mounted

mnjettr
    My 79 charger has a rubber mounted mild 454 engine. almost all the boats I've seen have solid mounted engines. though I see alot of pumps with the rubber ring on them.I've owned the boat for 2 years and everything seems fine. I plan to do mods this coming winter and would like to know if I should change to a solid mount??? its a full stringer hull. thanks

OverKill
    My 79 charger has a rubber mounted mild 454 engine. almost all the boats I've seen have solid mounted engines. though I see alot of pumps with the rubber ring on them.I've owned the boat for 2 years and everything seems fine. I plan to do mods this coming winter and would like to know if I should change to a solid mount??? its a full stringer hull. thanks
    We need more information!! How many feet is your Hull? How much horse power are you running. Where are you running the boat the most. If it was here in Arizona with all this heat, no way are you gonna use rubber mounts. What rubber ring on a pump are you refering to. You can see the pump in my avatar, and there is no rubber there.
    OverKill

mnjettr
    We need more information!! How many feet is your Hull? How much horse power are you running. Where are you running the boat the most. If it was here in Arizona with all this heat, no way are you gonna use rubber mounts. What rubber ring on a pump are you refering to. You can see the pump in my avatar, and there is no rubber there.
    OverKill
    the boat is 19 feet long, engine has a mild cam,ported heads,O/T bassets with silencers. dominator pump,not sure of HP. but runs 4400 rpm with an A impeller.I'm in MN.
    I've seen several dominator pumps with the rubber ring on the front of the pump. my engine for next year should make around 500 HP.

Jetaholic
    OverKill
    He's talking about the rubber ring that goes around the front thrust bearing cap. You only need that if you're running a 3 point motor mount setup, where the bellhousing would rest on that rubber ring. Other than that the rubber ring does nothing.
    OverKill...we still need more info btw. You forgot to ask for pics of the boat and wife.

ck7684
    Just curious, what part of MN?? I'm in MN too (southern)

mnjettr
    ck, I'm in alexandria. west central part of the state. we have a hot boat get together once or twice a year.
    Jetaholic::: I'll see what I can do for pics of the ball and chain and the boat!!!

mnjettr
    last years pic before the headers.

OverKill
    OK your half way there. Now pictures of your wife LOL