Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Castaic

mini mo
    Does anyone know what the deal is regarding the 'No Swimming Permitted' and "No Alcohol Permitted" on the Castaic web site? Is this for real. It's been a few years since I've been to Castaic and at that time those rules weren't there. Thinking about going fathers day. Maybe Pyramid would be a better choice.

Mrs.Racer277
    Does anyone know what the deal is regarding the 'No Swimming Permitted' and "No Alcohol Permitted" on the Castaic web site? Is this for real. It's been a few years since I've been to Castaic and at that time those rules weren't there. Thinking about going fathers day. Maybe Pyramid would be a better choice.
    That would be "for real"

desertbird
    I asked the same thing in another thread. Castaic used to be a hot spot a few years ago. The rules have always been in place, just never strictly enforced. A few deaths/injuries by a few irresponsible people pretty much locked the place down from what I gather anymore.

finsfan4life
    I think that s just for the lower lake my friend....

desertbird
    How's the Brown Algae at Pyramid looking this year?

Pyramid & Piru are nasty.

rrrr
    Brown.

desertbird
    Pyramid & Piru are nasty.
    Which is why my boat stays parked in the Asphault Marina until we take it to the River or a big trip like Berryessa in 2 weeks.

Which is why my boat stays parked in the Asphault Marina until we take it to the River or a big trip like Berryessa in 2 weeks.
    For local boating Castaic is your best bet as far as water quality, you can drink as long as you're not a dumbass about it & out of control, you can swim, if you stay within a 100-150 feet of your boat.
    The Cops are pretty much cool with it all unless you're being a dumbass.

mini mo
    Thanks guys. Looks like it might just be a few blasts around Casitas. can't get wet but at least we can have a few beers!. Also, I do know about the new rookie ranger there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast