Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Home Sales/Rental Properties

3 daytona`s
    I talked to three different Agents today and confirmed what I have felt for some time.There are empty houses and rentals everywhere prices dropping. There is a big opening in Kingman this weekend bragging about starting in the low $200,000.00`s LOL this may be a real SLOW showing. The "GREED FACTOR" combined with bad timing things are going to adjust here in Bullhead City. Thank God. The ones who thought were going to cut a fat one are sucking air now.

LBZROCKS
    I talked to three different Agents today and confirmed what I have felt for some time.There are empty houses and rentals everywhere prices dropping. There is a big opening in Kingman this weekend bragging about starting in the low $200,000.00`s LOL this may be a real SLOW showing. The "GREED FACTOR" combined with bad timing things are going to adjust here in Bullhead City. Thank God. The ones who thought were going to cut a fat one are sucking air now.
    Hey there! I totally agree.. it's everywhere now.. And we are here at June 17'th still maybe getting one to three calls a week on my local listings here in the SoCal area... NOT GOOD... Way too high inventory and bank owned propertes.. If it doesnt pick up in July.. Oct Nov are going to be the death of the real estate market in Southern California.

bigq
    Why rub it in? a lot of people are going to loose there homes

wsuwrhr
    We have been trying to sell for some time now. I keep hearing that homes priced below "market" value are the homes that are selling. We don't plan on "giving" it away, and can muster up the means necessary to keep it, if we want to deal with the headaches of renting.
    At this point, we are strongly considering renting the house if it doesn't sell.
    Brian

3 daytona`s
    but I still have a bitter taste in my mouth from the attitudes of realtors here a couple of years back. I remember well this little bitch was showing a mobile home close to the river,asking $100,000.00 plus. I ask her if was serious she tells me to step aside as there are buyers behind me. I can tell you now she is not an agent any longer hope she is flipping burgers.They had the attitude was never going to end and money was going to drop from the sky forever.

LBZROCKS
    Not rubbing it in, but I CAN tell you that many of my clients and colleagues clients continue to think that we are the reason that their home is not selling. All I can really say is that I've put out thousands of dollars in advertising expenses, done open houses continually and that if they aren't the top 3 homes in price and desireablility in the area.. They wont show or sell. Just like others have said here on the fourms.. They have had their homes on the market forever and still nothing. Its an extremely hard market to sell in right now.
    You have to have faith in your Realtor and why hire a family friend or part-time person in this market? I wouldnt hire a part time doctor or lawyer.. its important to seek out the people in this business who are full time and do a good, honest ethical job. Unfortunately a Realtor no matter how good, does not have "magic beans" to sell your home. It's merely getting enough people through the home that is priced right to sell. Market and Economical conditions are completely out of all of the Real Estate proffessional's hands now. All we can do is work hard and hope for the best in a down market as we are in.

LBZROCKS
    That is an obvously poor attitude for any agent to have. When your entire livelyhood rides on your reputation and the type of service that you provide, why have an attitude like that? It's really an awful way to be. FORTUNATELY, most of those people are GONE from the business flipping burgers now. I left lending to go into real estate sales after a 4 year stint from being out of sales. We cannot really blame anyone or anything, because I did the same as many people and took money out of my home for some unappreciable assets.. It wasnt the smartest thing that I've done.. But I've learned now, and now I'm basing my business on helping others get back on their feet. It makes me sick to see a family losing their home. I try to do whatever I can to help them out and get out of the situation. It hits close to home because I was very close to being in the same position as them.. By the grace of God.. I was able to sell my home.. although 60k less than what it would have sold for last summer.
    I'm open to giving anyone advice on whatever situation they are in.. I've cut my commission down to adjust to the market that we are in, unfortunately people dont have the wiggle-room to pay high commissions when their equity is tapped out.
    but I still have a bitter taste in my mouth from the attitudes of realtors here a couple of years back. I remember well this little bitch was showing a mobile home close to the river,asking $100,000.00 plus. I ask her if was serious she tells me to step aside as there are buyers behind me. I can tell you now she is not an agent any longer hope she is flipping burgers.They had the attitude was never going to end and money was going to drop from the sky forever.

bigq

bigq
    Not rubbing it in, but I CAN tell you that many of my clients and colleagues clients continue to think that we are the reason that their home is not selling. All I can really say is that I've put out thousands of dollars in advertising expenses, done open houses continually and that if they aren't the top 3 homes in price and desireablility in the area.. They wont show or sell. Just like others have said here on the fourms.. They have had their homes on the market forever and still nothing. Its an extremely hard market to sell in right now.
    You have to have faith in your Realtor and why hire a family friend or part-time person in this market? I wouldnt hire a part time doctor or lawyer.. its important to seek out the people in this business who are full time and do a good, honest ethical job. Unfortunately a Realtor no matter how good, does not have "magic beans" to sell your home. It's merely getting enough people through the home that is priced right to sell. Market and Economical conditions are completely out of all of the Real Estate proffessional's hands now. All we can do is work hard and hope for the best in a down market as we are in.
    Yea I wouldn't want to be a realtor right now, at least one that got in on the hot market. I am hearing it will be 2010 before it stabilizes

wsuwrhr
    Yea I wouldn't want to be a realtor right now, at least one that got in on the hot market. I am hearing it will be 2010 before it stabilizes
    ...only three years away. Not too far.
    By then, this country will be completely in the shitter anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast