Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doesnt this just frost your B>>>>>lls

Not So Fast
    I was watching the Lou Dobbs show today (Yeah, I like him) and he is going off about how China has struck a deal with Mexico to build a truck and SUV plant in the Tijuana area to the tune of $333 million and heres the best part, they can import them into the U.S., DUTY FREE, because of NAFTA. This gives them a pass, according to the story, of a 25% duty tax!! Can that possibly be right???? They say they can produce a much less expensive vehicle this way, no shit !!! What the hell is going on with the Government of the United States??? Thats just not right. NSF

riverroyal
    They're damned if they do and damned if they don't, apparently. At least they'll have some jobs down there so we can go back to picking our own produce. Yippee.
    right now?

JB in so cal
    right now?
    friggen stalker

Baja Big Dog
    It's called the selling out of America, hell we now sell ports, hiways, toll booths, land, banks, you name it, to who ever will buy it, pretty soon we won't even own our own country, think this is b.s., just look at how much the japanese own Hawaii !!, Look at how GE sold it's entire plastic's division to someone in the middle east, and put many thousand U.S. WORKERS OUT OF A JOB !!, why, for the almighty buck.
    Go figure???

Scarab Jet
    I was watching the Lou Dobbs show today (Yeah, I like him) and he is going off about how China has struck a deal with Mexico to build a truck and SUV plant in the Tijuana area to the tune of $333 million and heres the best part, they can import them into the U.S., DUTY FREE, because of NAFTA. This gives them a pass, according to the story, of a 25% duty tax!! Can that possibly be right???? They say they can produce a much less expensive vehicle this way, no shit !!! What the hell is going on with the Government of the United States??? Thats just not right. NSF
    I like Lou Dobbs 2, NSF... He is just about the only voice on TV that goes after all the hacks in Washington, the right and the left... They are flat selling out our country (both parties, that is)... Sure wish there was room for a third party that looks after the welfare of AMERICAN citizens for a change...

Not So Fast
    I like Lou Dobbs 2, NSF... He is just about the only voice on TV that goes after all the hacks in Washington, the right and the left... They are flat selling out our country (both parties, that is)... Sure wish there was room for a third party that looks after the welfare of AMERICAN citizens for a change...
    Scarab;
    I changed to Independent about 4 years ago so that I at least can have a choice but in my heart and I really feel this is true; The politicians say what we want to hear but once in office the promises made during their election seem to disappear. I'm sure that no one person or political group can change the way this country is going to hell, at least not in any term of longivity that I will see. Why is it that the simple man can see the wrong in things but the political jugernaut that is OUR government fails to see whats the difference between right and wrong, God bless us all, we are going to need it. NSF PS, sorry for the politiclal thread but this story is just too much.

Stoneman
    Bet it won't hurt Toyota's sells numbers.

XFactor
    I doubt it will ever get built. How can you build a project with no people. 3/4 of Mexico is illegally in CA demanding equal rights. LOSERS!!!

Cigalert
    Tough subject...I personally feel as though any business is going to keep their cost down no matter what. I'm in manufacturing and daily distribution. I've watched my cost of delivery alone almost triple in 10 years....cost of gas, worker's comp, inflation...If I can't cut cost of distribution then I'm going to do it with cutting back overtime or cost of goods. I only get a few cents off normal gas prices for having a "fleet" but a few cents off $3.09 ain't jack. If I had an offer to move (not saying out of the country) but just moving in general, with incentives...I'd take that in a heartbeat. My type of business cannot be moved. I know a competitor has moved to TJ and has cut their cost so low whenever I see their products conflicting with my sales people I just tell them to leave it alone. There is little competition for manufacturing in mexico. The only thing I can bring to the table is customer service and quality product. I'm on the fence on this one.
    Would anyone have a different opinion if said "incentive faclity" were placed in Canada?

It's called the selling out of America, hell we now sell ports, hiways, toll booths, land, banks, you name it, to who ever will buy it, pretty soon we won't even own our own country, think this is b.s., just look at how much the japanese own Hawaii !!, Look at how GE sold it's entire plastic's division to someone in the middle east, and put many thousand U.S. WORKERS OUT OF A JOB !!, why, for the almighty buck.
    Money is the root of all evil saying comes to mind whenever talking about the government's decisions these days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast