I am trying to get my boat ready for the summer, so I decided that it would be a good idea to rewire it. As you can see from the pic below the old stuff was pretty nasty! I got all of the wiring off and out of the boat, and now am in the process of installing the new stuff. I am using a Hardin Marine BBC wiring harness but, the instructions suck and I am not an electrician. Can anyone shed some light on this. I am also switching from a HEI to a MSD 6AL Box and am lost in this area too! I also have a Holley blue pump that needs to come on when the ignition is turned on. There are not a lot of these type of boats up here in Idaho, mostly aluminum fishing jet boats that, I guess don't run this kind of stuff. Everyone wants at least $250.00 to even touch it, which is more than I want to pay. I am trying to save some money and learn as much as I can at the same time.
Here is a pic of the old setup. They guy before me used a push/pull switch to turn everything on and push button starter switch to start the motor.
[img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/218wiring.jpg[/img]
Thanks for the help!!
Doug