Thread: Spark Plug info??

G-Ride
    I can't find a good reference source for plug applications. I was running an Autolite #24 and was told recently by a reputable shop known on the boards I should be running a #144. I don't know what the difference is?? The 24's were running good but if there is more performance with the 144 I'd like to switch. Is there a good source for reference?? Any info. would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Indmar 454 Magnum (375) w/ 34degree advance

Boater Bill
    Go to www.autolite.com and you can get some info on their plugs.

Thunderbutt
    I run autolite 24's or 23's, but I have a Magneto.

21rayson
    if your not running alot of compression or a lot of boost with like blowers or turbos i feel that the 24's will be fine. the 144's are a very cold sparkplug more for like race applications. the 24's are extended tip and the 144's are not.

G-Ride
    BB- I went to their site before but couldn't get the info I was looking for. I even left them a message that they didn't return. Maybe just me.
    21rayson- I'm pretty stock so I think that I'll stick with the 24's. If anything I'd like to run a little hotter, since it's a jet it tends to run too damn cold anyway. wink Is it the lower the number the higher the heat range??
    As always ***boaters come through again!!

Boater Bill
    G-Ride:
    If anything I'd like to run a little hotter, since it's a jet it tends to run too damn cold anyway. Joe, the heat range of the plug has nothing to do with motor temp. If your plugs have a nice color, stay with that range. "Hotter" plugs could cause problems, and usually you go to a "colder" plug when you start doing performance mods.

G-Ride
    Thanks for setting me straight Boater Bill. Say Hi to Sannie for me (you guys might remember me by HoJoe69) Anyone going out to Elsinore this weekend??
    Joe G.